Topaz Photo AI v1.1.2

On the screenshot you can see the original on the bottom left. In the background you can see the processing in Topaz and on the bottom right the exported DNG. In Topaz it still looks good. After the export it has the green cast. Please pay attention to the snow.

In Adobe Camera RAW it is the same. Left Topaz, right original. Directly after opening. No editing.

Interesting: If I set the sliders exactly the same, the Topaz DNG is completely green

Turn off the option to enable automatic dark mode color scheme.

You also need to exit and restart the browser.

And the last example. Both photos are TPAI edits from the same Sony RAW. On the left is a Topaz 1.1.2 edit with the green cast. And on the right is a Topaz 1.0.8 edit. That’s how it’s supposed to look.

This release seems to crash if there are 3 photos or more to be processed…pretty consistent for me. I shoot Fujifilm but I’m processing PNGs.

Green overlay when processing of OMSystem-OM1 RWAfiles from Lightroom. Only OM1, problem does not occur with OM1MarkIII
2022_07708

you have missed the point of my post. A noise reduction program is meant to remove noise, not detail. Ai photo removes detail even at the lowest setting. Denoise AI retains detail even on higher iso settings.

2 Likes

I have a number of smaller issues but I haven’t looked through all the forum to see if the issues that I report already have been mentioned.

Currently I am mostly working on old photos that I have scanned and have AMD 5950x, 64GB RAM with GTX 3060 Ti running Windows 11 Pro 22H2

1. “Sepia” tone on BW face recovery

2. Option needed to process (save) just one image
    As I have thousands of pictures, I apricate the possibility to batch process and then looking through the final result whenever they are ready. If I find that some of the photos are not good, typically face recovery has to be adjusted some way, I cannot just choose one picture and then process that one only

3. Switching between filters should happen instantaneous once applied
    If I want to see the effect of a small adjustment, e.g. decreasing the applied face recovery or enabling/disabling sharpening, There is a lag and the preview reverts back to the original (noisy) picture. I would like PAI to use cache as the other Topaz products use (not working 100% though)

4. Photo AI icon on taskbar disappears
    At one occasion, the icon on the taskbar disappeared and the only way to access PAI was to minimize all other programs that was running (Windows explorer etc.)

5. Shift of pixels when switching between before/after
    Really annoying when you really what to see the effect of PAI that the picture shifts some pixels. At one occasion, left half of the photo shifted, but the right half stayed locked. When zoomed in, this behavior disappeared

6. Rotation of picture not respected
    Some of the scans where upside down etc and have been rotated using Windows photo viewer, but it seems that the rotation information was not used by PAI

7. Random crash. Before that, the miniatures below disappeared and replaced with tif-icon
    No idea really what was going on, other that I on this occasion was looking through a number of large TIF-files (100-150 MB per picture, with maybe 10-20 open in PAI)

8. Glasses are added quite often even without any obvious reason
    This happens quite frequently and ruins the effect of face recovery. Maybe add some enable/disable glasses (per face)?

3 Likes

Topaz Sharpen AI uses my Nvidia Quadro P4000 (8Gb) - 94-96% average - no matter which Sharpen Model is used.

Topaz Photo AI v1.1.2 uses GPU in a similar way but with Raw Remove Noise and Sharpen Standard modules only but with either Lens or Motion Blur modules, GPU load drops to some 0,3% making them useless on my machine.

I hoped that applying a smaller mask might help but it doesn’t change anything as if it was still calculating the whole image instead of the restricted masked area and invoking Photo AI from Photoshop on a less than 10% selection layer does not change either.

Perhaps might a future update meet Sharpen AI performances.

I did another test today with an original Sony RAW of the a7IV and a processing from TPAI 1.0.8 and from 1.1.2. The error is reproducible. The source of the error is an update after 1.0.8. Unfortunately I did not have time to test 1.09, 1.1.0 and 1.1.1.

In 1.0.8 the colours were similar to the original RAW. I was able to apply my usual presets. Unfortunately, in 1.1.2 there is not only the green cast, but also a colour shift that is so large that I can no longer eliminate the difference with the colour sliders. My presets no longer work here either. Without retouching, I cannot correct the error.

The colour error only occurs after the export from TPAI. In the preview during editing in TPAI everything still looks good.
Unfortunately, Topaz Photo AI is not usable for me in the current version.

Please let me know if you need the original RAWs/DNGs.

I am attaching 3 photos where I have set the sliders in Camera Raw all identically to show the difference in version number. On the left in Camera Raw is 1.1.2 (first Picture) and the one in the middle is 1.0.8 (second Picture) and on the right is the original Sony RAW (last Picture).

Feature request for the development team.
The subjects in PhotoAI are really well detected in general.
As Mask AI is no longer updated, a really useful feature would be to enable a mask export from PhotoAI. That would be so useful when you need a cut-out as it’s already well detected.

1 Like

TPAI 112 seems to have a memory leak on applying the settings to larger number of pictures.
When clicking apply, the UI freezes and depending on the number of images it stays unresponsive until the settings are applied, or it crashes.

If I turn off dark mode in the b rowser then all my other tabs turn white. Topaz screwed up and set their page to light mode. Also in MS Edge I don’t have to restart the browser, it instantly updates.

Using PAI as a stand alone I processed a Sony ARW file and saved as a Jpg, Tiff and DNG. I then opend each in Affinity Photo V1.0 and while the Jpg and Tiff were the same the DNG file had a different gamma. See below. However, there is no tint.
Jpg file:

DNG file:

Not the dark mode in browser. :sweat_smile:

It is a setting in this forum, go to " Preferences" → “Interface” -->“Dark Mode”
Unclick “Enable automatic dark mode color scheme” below “Dark Mode”
Then select “Dark Theme” under Theme setting.
You don’t have to change any setting in browser or windows.

I have posted screenshot in this post.

I have looked all over this forum and I don’t see any Preferences. I’m on Windows 10.
It should be in the hamburger menu but isn’t.

Click on your profile picture, the rightmost tab and then

Thanks to you and Jacky I finally got it changed.

1 Like