Topaz Photo AI v1.1.1

well, oops - I didn’t see my issues with Canon CR3 files was already captured in the known issues log.

The most obvious issue for me is how Recover Faces makes everyone’s eyes brown, regardless of what color they really are. That’s bad for me, since most of the people in my family have blue eyes.
T

I’m not having that experience on my Win 11 Pro PC running Ps 2023 with PAI 1.1.1 as a plugin.

I launch the image from a Ps layer. Do whatever PAI processing I want to do. And, when ready, hit the Save to Ps button at lower right of the plugin’s UI.

See my snip of where that button is below. Nothing automatically saves back to a Ps layer… What system are you working on & can you explain the steps and what you’re doing when you say it’s saving automatically? It might help the devs.

** Can you pls provide a snip (screenshot) of your Autopilot config settings from the Preferences menu. Just out of curiosity… Also, what OS & processor are you using?

I just opened & processed a CR2 using the Standalone PAI 1.1.1 & saved out the processed result as a DNG. No issues. Win 11. See my snips below in the PAI UI & the saved DNG from PAI opened in Adobe Camera Raw (see filename at top that includes the suffixes from PAI). The only thing I didn’t do that you say you did was Subj Only Sharpening…

What processor are you using?

Why is this blue edge added, when the contour doesn’t need sharpening?

Best,
Eigil Skovgaard

Can I send you my files - a dng, a tif created in LR and one processed by Photo AI - somehow? I wonder if there is something wrong with my LR or PAI…

I have lost my patience with this trial and error project from Topaz. Topaz and I go many years back, but my loyalty is totally dependent of the result I get for my money. Until recently Topaz was leading.
In this example I used an ARW raw file direct from my Sony A7R3. I photograph nature, and an important detail when dealing with trees is how small branches are rendered most pleasing when lit from behind. So here’s a detail test:

Ex. 1. The first image shows such busy details - denoised in DxO Photolab 6 with DeepPRIME XD (left) - and in Topaz Photo AI (right) - in both cases default settings were used without any sharpening (Autopilot didn’t want to sharpen this image).

Ex. 2. The second image shows the denoised AND sharpened image - in DxO with Lens sharpening (left) - and in Photo AI (right) with the default sharpening suggested for the image.

In the first image the Topaz version already shows double contours after denoising, which looks awful, and after sharpening … well, the choice is easy made! (and DeNoise AI didn’t do any better).

I’ll have to buy DxO Photolab 6 to get optimal denoising and sharpening.
But of course I’ll follow the ongoing development with Photo AI, though I can’t wait for the Topaz AI body to keep up with better software already in the market.

Best,
Eigil Skovgaard

New version available: v1.1.2