Topaz Photo AI v1.0.9

Thanks… I will try this now and report back to you. Sorry for the delay in my response.

Kurt

I removed 1.08 and re-installed 1.09… same issues I had over the weekend. I just uploaded 3 log files from just now to the link you gave me.

Kurt

2 Likes

I hope that will help them diagnose & fix whatever the issue is. More info can only be a good thing to ID bhvr patterns in the code.

I may have found the issue? I use two monitors working from my laptop. On my main monitor it works fine now. When I switch to my laptop monitor it starts to jump from full screen to half screen and all the pull downs menu bars are a button off below as all as any of the module controls are locked up unusable. I just re-booted my machine and disconnected my external monitors to see if this is running correctly now.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:t3:

Did you see Kurtwecker’s latest post?

Are you, by any chance, running multiple monitors?

See his/her note near bottom of this thread.

Thanks a lot - 1.0.9 version actually makes Sharpen feature usable (those artifacts around certain areas are no more). Also, the crashing I noticed before, in my case, seems to be gone. I’ll test it more extensively though. :slight_smile:
Concerning multiple monitors - I also noticed sometimes, that the software (VEAI 3 as well) likes to run on other display sometimes (rarely), and also becomes “un-maximized”, but, in overall, seems to remember, which monitor was used before, and the maximizing part - I workaround it with forcing the shortcut running the application as maximized.

No - just the laptop (Dell 9575, Win 11, all other requirements met!)
So not that one….waiting for reply from Topaz
Cheers

1 Like

Why is there a grid when I pull up the clarity and texture in Camera RAW ??? :scream:

Okay, I think there is a glitch in 1.09… I re-installed it all went well. Its working on my laptop with my external disconnected no issues but it blinks when saving back to PS or LR but its working well. I connected my external and moved it to that monitor and its also working fine but still blinking on sending the image back. BUT when I drag it back to the laptop all heck breaks loose! Stopped working and the jumps around cannot work any images etc which is what I had in the beginning. So I drug it back to my big monitor and resized the window to the smallest I could and drug it back to my laptop… Its working correctly but still blinking on export. So I messed with the window size and it goes back to not working! Its in the resizing of the window where the issue is. I uninstalled it and went back to 1.08 and that is working fine all around… So I re-installed 1.09 and its working unless I resize the window but its still blinking on export. So all in all its working fine with those few glitches which I figured out. Hopefully the next update addresses this and brings it back to normal. BTW I love the program!!!

2 Likes

Anthony, Adam & the other guys seem to monitor the comments here regularly. So I expect they’ll check this type of bhvr out as they’re making refinements for a next release. I can’t speak for them, I’m ‘just’ a user too. But they do try to address issues that are raised here.

1 Like

When control clicking to select random photos in a folder to open, only 2 open. Shift click to open a series appears to work fine.

Only recognizing one face in the same position in each cluster

This is what I get when I send a photo from lightroom using “Edit in” or File/Plugin Extras/Process with Topaz Photo AI.

Tried to fully uninstall and revert back to 1.0.8, same behavior. (MacBook Pro 16" M1, Lightroom classic 12.0.1

You are showing RAW files there, they are not modified by Photo AI.

@yazi.saradest @adam.mains use the color chart photo to adjust color.:slight_smile:

Gearing up to brag about Topaz during their upcoming Black Friday special. Running extreme restoration on a small section of a 1999 1-Megapixel image in Photo AI!

Just a quick question - is the face recovery model something created by Topaz and subject to future improvement, or is it a whole 'nother thing that has been incorporated into PAI?

Version 1.09 tried reinstall twice, downloaded again direct from Topaz but still error when trying to open from Affinity Photo, previous releases worked without a problem. Windows 11.

I’m seeing this as well. I’ve got a couple of images where the entire bottom 25% is not processed correctly. I have a ticket open, but it’s still not fiexed.

1 Like

Hi,

Photo AI V 1.0.9 is crashing Affinity Photo 2 and the previous version worked (V 1.0.8)

David