Topaz Photo AI v1.0.8

I don’t have those products but i am very happy with booth result and speed. I work in a Photoshop flow. And this product will be better and better. And you have to take the time you need to learn it.

You are able to download previous versions by going to the release notes thread for the update you’d like to revert to and clicking the download button in the top post.

While we haven’t made any public-facing documentation on the CLI yet, you can pass --help to the executable to see a list of the arguments it expects and supports. This should be sufficient for anyone already familiar with using CLIs, although if something isn’t working as you’d expect it to, we’d love to hear about it. Ultimately, we don’t expect most users to take advantage of this - it’s most useful for things like automation, but we wanted it developed for internal testing and felt no reason not to allow users to use it as well.

The window position/size being saved in 1.0.8 should also preserve which monitor it appears on. Could you give more details on what you’re experiencing instead?

eh? i am not newbie, “those products” are the actual official product of topaz and photoai is mixed automatic software child of these

you don’t know what you’re talking about

We have people working on new models and improved models all the time, however those take substantially longer to design, train, test, and implement compared to the quality of life and workflow improvements in these weekly releases. I assure you we’ll never stop working on improving the image quality of the results!

3 Likes

Maybe it is, but some say that it is bad and not usable. I say it work perfect in my Photoshop flow and it will just be better. With the combined effort of adobe and Topaz it works fantastic. Like for a flash portrait of half decent quality Topaz photo AI, Camera raw filter with masking and background blur neural filter it is turning into a high quality DSLR photo. I am happy. Adobe can not give me anything like Topaz Photo AI at least yet.

Thank you anthony.lawn. I must have missed that and will give it a try. Perhaps 1.09 will fix the problem.

And yes, anthony.lawn, 1.07 reinstalls and works fine. 1.08 installed but wouldn’t open and threw an error in Windows Event logs. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

1.0.8 installs but will not run. Uninstall 1.0.8 and install 1.0.7, works fine. Windows 10.

2 Likes

Пожалуйста обновите ИИ улучшающий лица!

Сделайте сохранение % Recover Faces в Autopilot. 100% всегда размывает лицо, мне нужно выставить 25% для 100 изображений, но когда я выставляю 25% на текущем изображении, остальные изображения все равно улучшаются с 100% Recover Faces. Это проблема, потому что мне нужно открывать каждую картинку отдельно и выставлять 25% в Recover Faces…

In my previous testing (Photo AI beta), the image quality did not live up to the standalone Gigapixel, Sharpen and Denoise. Has anyone compared image quality in this version?

2 Likes

My bad. All happy now. Sorry.

Landscape masking model selected the low clouds as part of the landscape.

After upgrading to v1.0.8, Photo AI will no longer start on my PC. Although it appears as if Photo AI v1.0.8 is starting (i.e. the icon appears on the taskbar), the app then immediately shuts down (the icon disappears from the taskbar and from Task Manager). I have tried completely uninstalling Photo AI and installing v1.0.8 from fresh: no difference. I have tried completely uninstalling Photo AI, installing v1.0.6 (worked perfectly) then upgrading to v1.0.8: Photo AI refuses to startup. Photo AI v1.0.7 worked OK too. It’s only v1.0.8 that seems to be defective.

2 Likes

@adam.mains Still having problems with Apple ProRAW From iPhone 14 Pro and Max.

@anthony.lawn there is no Color Management in Win 11 in PS Plugin.

Its just oversaturated.

The image returned from the plugin does not have 100% opacity.

Still opening to centered on Win 11 Pro desktop PC display when re-opened from Taskbar. (No other programs of mine ever do that - including earlier Topaz products).

Also, not able to launch to desired full-screen from initial app launch of Standalone from desktop…

Two (2) odd happenstances during install that I hadn’t experienced before with PAI…

1- The install paused partway through all the whizzing by verbiage to say the program couldn’t be installed due to open programs. I had no other programs open and had rebooted my PC in the past 15 mins prior to the PAI install. There were a whole bunch of AMD related elements & others listed (I didn’t get a snip) as the culprits. I tried to power through and it seemed to continue with the install.

2- After the process completed it said I had to reboot my PC for anything to work. I don’t recall having that ever happening before either with the Topaz products.

I was able to process a CR2 image. And could use the rudimentary masking brush with both my mouse and a Wacom stylus/tablet.

I no longer see the “ghost” of a previously closed image when I open a new image.

I just worked with a jpg image of a girl I saw waiting for a bus in SF. I turned on Face Detect (I have it set to Off in my Prefs) & it didn’t help. So turned it off again.

I manually masked just the girl and set to Sharpen only Subject for this run.

I’ll include snips of the Before look of the image and the After look (the Updated Preview & the saved out JPG looked identical). It’s very evident in the updated Preview/Saved out JPG image that the highlights in her face got blown out and she lost the hues and facial features that were evident in the Before processing image. I’m not sure if the sharpening just made a much more distinct line along the highlights in her face… If I had a more controllable masking brush I may have tried to include the masking just on her hair, eyes, mouth. But I can’t finesse the mask like that at this point - patches of overlay hop to fill in subjects.

Before Processing:

After Processing (Preview & Saved image look alike):

My usual computer specs… Win 11 Pro desktop PC. Processor set itself to Auto on this install (I’d been using AMD RX6800 XT but it didn’t retain that as the choice). I don’t know what was used [GPU or CPU] or if it makes a diff in appearance. Processing spd was about par for what I’ve experienced in recent releases.