Topaz Photo AI v1.0.7

I also get a virus warning when I try to update to 1.0.7

Virus: Gen:Variant.Lazy.258882 (Engine A)
Datei: MSI955B.tmp
Verzeichnis: C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Temp
Prozess: msiexec.exe

My AV is GData

Talk to your AV provider and tell them it’s a false positive.

Hi: Tried updating to 1.0.7 and I’m still getting the AVX not supported popup. The update fails. Restarted computer, often the best way of overcoming Windows problems, and the update still fails.
Second problem. After using Photo AI it takes me back to Lightroom as it should but the image is not the Topaz modified one. The .tiff is identical to the original image. This only started in the last few days so could it be a Lightroom update problem?
Thanks
Donald

1 Like

I think having the option to paint with different opacity level while using the sharpering mask would be really useful.

It’s the main feature I’m now missing from Sharpen AI.

The AI Brush seems like a great feature. Hope to see it improve on the next releases.

@anthony.lawn

No model from TPAI can remove the remaining noise from my toadstool image without destroying the details.

Image loaded to dropbox. (_56A5266_DxO_XD_Lens)

my Bitdefender antivirus raised a flag during the 1.0.7 installation. Never happened before.

Photo AI 107 Bitdefender alarm 02

1 Like

you can check the files themself. Normally Lightroom creates a duplicate or new file with lightroom adjustments which is send to Topaz software, that modifies it (or not) and Lightroom refreshes its data. If Topaz didnt do anything to the file, the file stays same as Lightroom exported.

My PC-configuration:

Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
32 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64bit, 22H2
AMD Radeon RX 6600

It seems that this configuration does not support AVX instructions.
Moreover, I get a virus warning after install.
Same as pavel-5256 reported above.

This would be the end of my Photo AI usage.

Hi! Can you please send me the image? Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/omTTisNIIfxFDX0eYnyL

AVX PROBLEM My computer supports AVX - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, Nvidia GTX 1650 and is running Photo Al. Tried update and got a popup about AVX. Tried update several times and all failed. Tried downloading 1.0.7 and then installing. An immediate popup saying no AVX and install quits.
Windows 10 up to date.
Can we get this fixed please?

1 Like

I think the main thing missing from sharpen AI is simply that you can not ask it to only sharpen the selected area, but remove noise from all of the image. So using it in the way it is made you end up with a smooth sharp subject against a noisy background … hardly acceptable.

2 Likes

Ditto wrt the Face Detect/Correct too.

There seems to be a need for a way to have discretely operated masks for selectively denoising, sharpening and face detecting/correcting independent of one another. And, to have a universally applied option for all the features too.

It would be the moral equivalent of the layer masks in Studio…

When using the software within Photoshop, Photo AI always opens in a small window and shows the images at 100% and I always have to resize/make the PhotoAI window much bigger and set ‘view to fit’ each time.
When resizing the window, I don’t know if its Windows or Photo AI, but it takes a few attempts to ‘grab’ the corner of the PhotoAI window to resize it.
Is it possible for PhotoAI to remember the last used window size when using with Photoshop to save me manually resizing the app window size every single time I use it?

I see the same (copy & paste error on plugin info). But PAI works fine anyway. Did you use the Filter->Topaz Labs Window to select PAI? You won’t find it under plugins!

Yes. It appears in the filter choices, just like all the other Topaz plugins…but they all work. When clicking on the PAI filter, nothing happens: no dialog box like all the others. Just nothing.

I’m getting the AVX message same as others are. CPU is Intel i5-10400 @2.90 GHz. I’m due to update my license at the end of the month but won’t bother if this is the way Photo AI is going

1 Like

I’ve been using PhotoAI to recover faces on 100 year old images of my ancestors. One issue that keeps cropping up is placement of the eyes. It really spoils a otherwise miraculous recovery to have one eye off to the side or looking up is the usual case. I understand that it can be nearly impossible to place the eyes properly when just a hint of them is showing. A tool to move and orient them into their proper place would be fantastic.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

We’re aware of the issue with BitDefender blocking the AVX check from running. We’ve modified the check to avoid triggering the issue in the next release.

In the meantime whitelisting our installer or temporarily disabling BitDefender should allow the check to complete and installation to continue.

1 Like

the noise reduction tool on photo Ai is to aggressive, it smears detail. This does not happen in Noise Ai. This right now is the program’s biggest Achilles heel. considering topaz already has the noise ai algorithms that work well with detail retention, why downgrade you noise ai? in the two images, one has the noise reduction on, the other it is switched off. there is a stark difference in detail.

1 Like

Quick response. Thank you