This week we have a nice bug fixing update! There’s some crash fixes, quality of life changes, and just in general improved stability. AI Brush was related to a lot of these changes, but still has many improvements in the works that’ll just take a bit longer before they’re ready, like undo/redo and brush sizes. We’d still love to hear your feedback on the direction you’d like us to take AI Brush!
If you own DeNoise, Sharpen, and Gigapixel with up-to-date licenses then you already have access to Topaz Photo AI!
Please give us any feedback or report issues with this release. We’ll be updating TPAI regularly to address those pieces of feedback and issue reports. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it us at this dropbox link.
Changes since 1.0.6:
- While making a mask brush stroke, the feathering won’t be rendered so you can see what precisely is being selected
- The Face Recovery filter is now enabled if there are detected faces, and will automatically select all or no faces on toggle, as appropriate
- Enabled the mask softness slider when the subject is set to “None”
- The “Activate” button in the login dialog now reactivates after a couple seconds, in case the user closes their browser / tab
- Fixed crash when starting a mask brush in the margins of the preview
- Fixed crash caused by switching images rapidly
- Fixed crash on certain images due to lens correction
- Fixed CLI hanging if an image fails to write
- Fixed installer claiming some versions of AVX as not supported that actually are
- Fixed issues with the AI Brush appearing in the wrong spot in some situations
- Fixed Mac not opening files as an external editor sometimes
- Fixed instances not merging on Windows when files are located on external drives (causing issues like LrC appearing to not open all your files in TPAI if you have many selected)
- Fixed images opened on Windows using “Open With” not saving if set to “original folder”
- Fixed some plugin files on Mac being owned by root rather than the user, preventing things like PhotoShop 2023 automatically copying them over to the new plugins folder
- Fixed face indicators in navigator appearing incorrectly on large faces
We still have a lot more planned! Here’s some of the things we are actively working on improving:
- AI Brush
- Performance of the preview panel (particularly when zoomed out on large images)