Topaz Photo AI v1.0.7

Hi,
I’ve just installed 1.0.7 it did work (I’m using it from Lightroom on Ventura) :
Now I’ve got this : cannot start exiftool please repair your installation

I don’t know how to “repair” it, I tried re-installing serveral time

v1.0.7 opens full screen both in standalone and when using the Send To command from within On1 PR 2023. However, when using the PS plug-in (again from PR) it doesn’t. Nor does it remember the last setting when re-opening.
Mac mini M1 16GB Ventura

I look forward to improvements in the AI masking, mostly the ability to fill in masks quickly rather than having to brush over them again and again.

My Wishlist:

1. Ability to save mask, since it’s very boring to have to recreate it all over if one decides something’s not quite right after sending to the host programme. Even better, the Ability to export masks, like one could with the old (?) Mask AI.
  2. Ability to blur backgrounds. It’s possible to salvage images where focus has been missed, but then the background is all too often too sharp. Again, this is a feature that could be brought over from Mask AI. And, yes, I know some people don’t want the feature list to expand!
1 Like

Hi,
Some development/discovery of my above post
It (Photo AI 1.0.7) can not open the photo from LrC only when the files are on my NAS disk.
It has no problem to open the file (as a plugin) when the files are on local storage.
The Denoise AI, Gigapixel AI, Sharpen AI have no problem to take over handling of files on NAS.

Hi!

I am new to this board and currently trying out the Photo AI 1.0.7.
In one of the images I tried out (see below) I got a rather big diffence in sharpness of the hat.
The top part is sharpened, but the other half below is not the same quality.

Is this something to be expected and in that case, why is that?

Regards
/Hackej

Hat differences

Hi, do you have Subject Only selected in the Sharpen section?
Sharpen Section
If so, it may be that Photo AI is only selecting part of the hat as the subject. Hope this helps.

Still having constant crashes and when it doesn’t crash the results look awful compared to Sharpen AI. Not impressed that paying consumers are testing this for you.

I can’t comment on your situation as I haven’t had any crashes but I suggest you raise a support request at the main website.

Смотрю на ваши исправления и они чисто по интерфейсу… А проблемы то основные у нас из-за плохого улучшения фотографий! И то что вы решаете в текущий момент тоже не то что нам нужно сейчас… Займитесь правильным обучением ИИ, очень много проблем при улучшении фото, а вы улучшаете производительность, серьезно? Мне как и всем нужно чтобы было качественное улучшение фотографии а не быстрое и ужасное… Честно говоря я думал этот софт лучше чем Gigapixel AI а на деле он точно такой же в плане улучшения фотографии. Даже на примере Remini ваш софт кажется примитивным. На фотографиях лица и глаза размываются, это сложно назвать улучшением, на photoshop можно сделать лучше, нет никакой пиксельной доработки как в других программах. Пожалуйста переработайте свой ИИ, добавьте больше полигонов на лица, чтобы лицо и глаза не размывались при улучшении а чтобы ИИ действительно дорабатывало лица. Я улучшаю с 1200-2000px в х2 разрешение и при этом всё размыто, это просто ужасно. Честно говоря Topaz Photo AI должен быть еще в стадии разработки ИИ, по производительности и интерфейсу всё хорошо сделано. По моему мнению на данной стадии Topaz Photo AI не стоит даже 5$. Думал купить полный комплект вашего софта, сейчас буду думать и смотреть что вы предложите в следующих обновлениях, если будут изменения в плане ИИ в лучшую сторону скорее всего приобрету. Пока я жалею что потратил 199$ на сырой продукт. Если вернуться во времени назад и спросить меня куплю ли я Topaz Photo AI за 10$ я откажусь от покупки…

Hi!

Thank you for the reply.

Sharpen wasn’t used on this image by the Autopilot, but I enabled and tried it but with no difference.
Although I don’t have the “Subject Only” option in my Sharpness tab (version 1.07)!!??

Then I disabled “Recover Faces” and got a better result on the whole hat, but with a somewhat lower quality on the face.

Hat differences_3

/Hackej

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 16.43.06

Face recovery makes the hair around the face blurry and it’s very noticeable. Also scrolling the images at the bottom is very buggy and it’s very hard to pick photos if there are more than can fit on a single screen.

I was going to guess that Detect Faces was your issue. You’ve confirmed that guess.

It suggests (to me, at least) that the Masking Brush (when developed further) should be designed to create masks for selective facial processing as well as selective subject processing.

So only starting with the update- my anti-virus goes crazy and I get the message shown below when it tries to install. Nothing new about my machine between 1.06 and 1.07 in terms of hardware.

1 Like

The file C:\Users\ballr\AppData\Local\Temp\MSIBDC2.tmp is infected with Gen:Suspicious.Cloud.4.IC4@aaEjfDfi. The threat has been successfully blocked

Above is what is getting flagged by AV everytime the msi runs.

Have you tried googling the name of the suspected virus to get more info? What AV are you using? Let us know and maybe we can help further.

Translated …

I look at your corrections and they are purely in terms of the interface … But the main problems we have are due to poor photo enhancement! And what you are solving at the moment is also not what we need now … Do proper AI training, there are a lot of problems when improving photos, and you are improving performance, seriously? Like everyone else, I need a quality improvement of the photo and not a quick and terrible one … To be honest, I thought this software was better than Gigapixel AI, but in fact it is exactly the same in terms of improving the photo. Even on the example of Remini, your software seems primitive. In photos, faces and eyes are blurred, it can hardly be called an improvement, photoshop can do better, there is no pixel refinement as in other programs. Please rework your AI, add more polygons to the faces so that the face and eyes don’t get blurry when upgraded and so that the AI ​​actually refines the faces. I’m upscaling from 1200-2000px to x2 resolution and it’s all blurry, it’s just awful. To be honest, Topaz Photo AI should be still in the AI ​​development stage, in terms of performance and interface, everything is well done. In my opinion at this stage Topaz Photo AI is not even worth $5. I thought about buying a complete set of your software, now I will think and see what you offer in the next updates, if there are changes in terms of AI for the better, I will most likely purchase it. So far, I regret spending $199 on a raw product. If you go back in time and ask me if I will buy Topaz Photo AI for $10, I will refuse to buy …

1 Like

What Anti Virus are you using?

I’m getting some sort of shift that I don’t get with De Noise or Sharpen. If I send an image from Affinity Photo then when it gets back to AP and I turn the layer on and off the shift is quite noticeable. I think I’ve seen comments on this before in these threads.

1 Like

I run BitDefender,but what is doing the flagging is actually a 3rd party AV system, AV companies use to detect new threats. I wound up running the update on another machine with a different AV and didn’t get a flag, so I disabled my av for a few minutes to install.

1 Like

@yazi.saradest @anthony.lawn PhotoAI Miss reading Photo. Photo is upside-down :slight_smile: