Topaz Photo AI v1.0.7

When I switch between multiple opened images the application always resets my zoom level to the default 100 % even if I have choosen a different zoom level on the same image before. :confused:

1 Like

Can you answer my question about the placement of the plugin in the Photoshop plugin folder? Assuming you have a Mac as well. Does your folder have just the plain plugin for PAI but folders for the others?

I had several similar issues a year or more ago before I upgraded my Intel Mac Mini to a new Mac Mini M1… and was forced to re-install most of my stuff from scratch… it was a tedious couple of days, but in the long run, well worth it…

1 Like

Unfortunately, I can’t help you further since I don’t use Photoshop. I haven’t tested the Photoshop plug-in with ON1 Photo RAW which is my main photo editor. Photoshop plug-ins do work with it in theory.

I’ll take a look over the weekend when I get back home.

1 Like

While I was able to successfully drop/scan/set up 7 PNG images in queue, each one being shown and processed, pressing “Save 7 images” immediately crashed the program with c0000005 exception and exception offset 000000000002cd29 in KERNELBASE.DLL library. I ran the program with admin rights.
I think it was the situation, where I was on an image, which didn’t trigger face detection (last, 7th file), whereas first image did trigger and had set up face detection. The app did “think” for a moment, like loading a routine, then crashed.

Second attempt did crash the program again, in the middle of 3-file queue. Again, from an image without face-detect to an image with face detect. It crashed during saving the PNG file (incomplete file, just before it “reached” the face, readable by Imagine plugin for Total Commander 10.50, but not by XnViewMP).

I also had a crash occurring a moment after dropping a single image, this time in ntdll.dll library, c0000005 exception, with 00000000000705fb offset. Second attempt to do it with the same PNG file didn’t crash the program. The PNG files have Stable Diffusion headers written in them (they’re generated PNG files), with parameters like prompt and some other data. I’m assuming that data is ignored by every viewer/program out there.

Where should I put ZIP with logs and crashdumps, made by Windows? I use Win10 21H2 with latest updates, 64GB of RAM and RTX 3090 with newest Studio driver, 522.30.

We’re now at 1.07 and yet, the window resize issue has not been addressed.
Seriously, am I the only one with this problem?

Open an image and work on it. Fine.

quit the app and open again.

Please, please fix this.

Kind Regards

2 Likes

No, you are not alone.

1 Like

As I’ve said numerous times cannot get PAI to open as a plugin in Photoshop; it works in Lightroom Classic. Two questions for anyone with a Mac who is successfully using it.

1. Please look in your Photoshop folder in Applications and click on plugins. Is your PAI plugin there without a folder, as it is in mine?

And second: go to the Photoshop menu at the top and click on About Plugins, then click on PAI. Is this what you see? And why would it say “About Topaz Remask” at the top? TIA
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 4.24.14 PM

I have ON1 Photoraw 2023 and PAI integrates well , just like other Topaz products. Windows 10.

I wish it would open full screen like most other programs.

2 Likes

When I grab the image with the mouse to move the view point it feels quite choppy/stuttering: - YouTube

As a Windows user I have been asking way back in early Beta for this software to observe the standard Win 11 format for window size and placement . Dragging and dropping from other DAM software is a pain.
It almost makes you think " is it worth feeding back ?"

2 Likes

The diagonal offset that I first reported with 1.0.3 is still present in 1.0.7.

As noted there, it only happens when the GPU (in my case that’s a Ryzen 3 3200G with integrated Vega 8 Graphics) is used and the Sharpen option is active - but not if the Lens Blur or Motion Blur options are selected.

All the sharpening options usually cause nasty anomalies in my photos anyway, so that’s another reason why they should be either fixed or eliminated.

Your is one problem I don’t have. But I have others.

It always opens full screen on my Windows 10 PC.

The Windows Photoshop plugin (filter) mostly works. What is missing is when using the plugin on a Photoshop Smart Layer, Photo AI does not remember the last settings from Topaz, thus I have to start over. For usability Photo AI needs to work like other plugins, e.g. NIK, where it knows exactly what settings were used last time on this Photoshop Smart Layer.

thanks

jason-2269JasonNewton13h
We’re now at 1.07 and yet, the window resize issue has not been addressed.
Seriously, am I the only one with this problem?

No, you are not!

Anybody??

After install the 1.0.7 updates (Windows, click the update button from Photo AI v1.0.6), it get nothing after click Edit in “Topaz Photo AI” from LrC. The Denoise and rest apps have no problem.

It does’nt work even repair/Uninstall-Install.

What happened?

I just opened it on my PC and it does open full screen. I believe it was a previous version that was not opening full screen.

Update: I minimized PAI and then clicked on the task bar icon to maximize it again and it didn’t open full screen. So that is what I was remembering.