Topaz Photo AI v1.0.10

The sharpen and denoise options make no difference in PhotoAI. If i load the image into the separate apps, then it does make a difference.

Why is it not working from within PAI?

After another day of trying to get PAI to do what it is capable of doing, I had to give up
too many small and big issues that are almost entirely UX issues, which is really too bad, considering what power lurks under this lacking UI.

Hope they get it together rather sooner than later.

1 Like

You mean you didn’t just get it to work only during a full moon? :full_moon:

Hi jkj -
I also thought I had the same issue as PAI opened full screen However, when I could click on the window resize icon to enter resize mode (not full screen) I tried going to the far left side and very slowly crossed that left edge and about one half of the arrow appeared!

I was able to drag the edge of the window to the right to shorten the window. Then was able to drag the top down. I finally brought all four edges in a bit.

Indeed. If you press and hold, it will (usually) resize. But only to about half the screen. I still can’t get sharpen to do anything inside PAI. so i’m back to using the separate apps, unfortunately.

No updated program for a while - have we reached the end, or is their still more to come. I hope so as it is unfinished imho.

A lot more changes to come I am sure. In particular, Topaz promises big improvements to the AI brush

PhotoAI is less than a beta, they are charging customers for development

Photo AI has a lot of potential. But in its current state it simply doesn‘t work for my preferred type of photography - landscapes. It kills way too many details because of to aggressive denoising.
Even worse all developers seem to work on Photo AI now. No updates of the far better separate AI programs for months. I really regret having paid for another year.

3 Likes

The AI brush does not select the correct subject on many photos. In such cases, clearing the auto-selection becomes a pain. Topaz Labs should give a “Clear Selection” feature to completely remove the auto selection.

2 Likes

There is actually still movement on one of the other apps, which I was surprised and happy to see.

Updated Photo AI to 1-0-10 and use it in stand alone mode. The software now intermittently crashes when zooming or moving around with the mouse. Also crashes if I change a slider(noise raw or sharpening) while it’s processing. I have 16GB, Win 11 Home and i7-12700 processor. As I remember the previous release went smoother.

The GeForce drivers have optimizations for Topaz DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI, but not yet Photo AI. Is this something that Topaz should be working on with nVidia or does it even matter?

1 Like