Topaz Photo AI v1.0.10

It is an external editor, if it isn’t working just edit the External Editor Preset and point to the right executable.

Does anyone know why Photo AI does not show up as a plugin in Studio 2?

I like Photo AI, but sometimes the results can have a plastic, air-brushed look to them. Merging the original image back into the processed image could solve the issue, but this has to be done in another program with layers. So, why not Studio 2? Or, alternatively, why not have a percentage slider in Photo AI that merges the original and the processed image?

Having an Opacity feature like you’ve proposed coupled with a full-fledged Masking functionality (freeform, non-AI, size adjustable & also edge aware brush inherent) could be a very cool way to overcome some of the issues. But could present issues (or, creative opptys!) for the scaling functionality in the product (auto scaling would have to be disabled by default if a user adjusts Opacity (unless they manually override for a funky creative look).

It isn’t part of the Studio 2 plugins.

:bangbang:The problem with the grid has still not been fixed. :sweat:
After opening the RAW photo in Photoshop and running Foto Ai as a filter over it, you have a grid in the image.
:point_right:This is only visible when you open the RAW camera in Photoshop and apply Remove Haze - Clarity - Structure.

5 Likes

Remove haze before and then denoise etc.

I have written here several times in the past that the tile artifacts can cause problems in the further editing process.

But no one was ever really interested in that.

8 Likes

The same here with Canon CR3-Files from my Eos R5 :frowning:

Not the most intuitive workflow order for a processing tool positioned for “pre-processing”.

1 Like

Topaz Photo AI V1.0.10 plugin for LRC during the plugin exchange between LRC freezes on MacBook M1 up-to-date operating system.

Unfortunately the AI brush is a joke. Until you sort it out, please add a manual masking brush like you have in Sharpen.

3 Likes

Same problem here. I had prior versions of PAI running fine on my system. I upgraded my system to Win11 (clean install on a new SSD). I installed PAI 1.0.10 and since Face Recovery has no effect. Using the “fix installation” option in the PAI installer does not help. Funny to not, that also in Gigapixel 6.2.2. face recovery does not work since upgrading windows and resinstaling the software.

Agreed, in fact don’t bother sorting it out, just give us the brush that sharpen has and leave it at that.

1 Like
  1. The previews for different sharpen settings (standard, lens blur or motion blur) in Photo AI should be saved in the cache, like it happens in Denoise, Sharpen and Gigapixel. Everytime I change the sharpen setting, Photo AI starts from the beginning to generate a preview.

2. Your AI brush is nice, but it makes mistakes. You must also add a normal brush (like the one in Sharpen AI) to fine tune the selection.

1 Like

1.0.10 does not show .bmp file names when opening images, I have to insert a * in the file name line and press enter to see .bmp files.

Ok, so I was able to get a response and help from Topaz Support:

Thanks for reaching out and great question To change the upscale setting for all images, please follow the below steps.

1. Open Topaz Photo AI and go to the Preferences > Autopilot Configuration.
  2. Change the auto-upscaling to your desired upscale size.
  3. Exit the menu which confirms the changes.
  4. Import your images to Topaz Photo AI at this point.

Then all the images should have the upscaling applied. Let me know if that’s working as expected. You can check the queue when you click Save to see if the other images are all upscaled.

I should add that after following these instructions, the queue will still only show the first image in the queue to scale to 2x dimensions, which initially confused me, but after clicking the Save button and running the queue, I found that all images do indeed get scaled to 2x.

So, that solved my need, for the time being. The queue functionality of PAI are sure to get more attention in the future, and I am very much looking forward to that.

Getting unusable/ureadble DNG file being created when I use the recomended raw workflow in lightroom.
Topaz Error 1

Hi,

Im running PhotoAI on Windows 10. It’s a fresh install. But I cannot resize the photoAI window on my screen. I can maximise it, but that’s all.

Right now, it’s not useable.

Any help?

1 Like

I realize it’s not your issue as a user, I’m directing this request (again…) to the Topaz devs (@anthony.lawn ).

I would really wish to see a “Save” (or, “Save Prefs”, or “Apply”) button added to the PAI Preferences panel.

It would be a reassuring that each of our chosen Preferences were being activated vs hitting an “x” and feeling like we’re just closing/exiting that panel with no changes registered. Thx!!

1 Like

I have the same issue on Win 11.

I think, in attempting to make PAI re-launch full-screen from the taskbar, something else got broken that prevents us from minimizing it on screen (when we want to) with PAI open & in use.

I have discovered something. If i hover over the edges and hold left mouse button for two seconds, then i can resize the window. However, it won’t reduce smaller than a certain size - about half the screen.

This is really annoying. How can this product be so broken?

1 Like