Topaz Photo AI v0.9

Check Autopilot
On this one he only selected the Sharpen Filter and not the Denoise (Noise low ??) I have to activate the denoise filter

Also still frequent malfunction (no mouse action )when maximising the window’s app . generally coming back to normal when resizing the window
Also still and perhaps related when the window is maximaze full screen the copy screen with the keyboard is giving eratic result not correct . When the windo is not maximize the copy screen is correct

I have not. I don’t intend to either. The only RAW processor I will use is DxO PhotoLab.

I get that some users seem to have no problem with the Element plug-in. But I even reinstalled Photo AI (ensuring Elements was closed) and this made no difference. I’m hoping one of the developers will look into this…

Maybe not the idea (maybe), but in the meantime PAI could implement the possibility to edit the out-of-focus areas with a kind of mask editing

When working with high noise, low res photos, PAI often miss the color of the eyes. However it can be seen without any AI.
Here is the original:

And Photo AI:

1 Like

Funny, I was just experiencing this too (M1 MBP, Ventura latest beta).

On a MacBook Pro, we need pinch-to-zoom features. The Enhance feature doesn’t have a slider for value while the other choices do…this is confusing and should be standardized like the other tools.

I have sent crash reports to Support.

Thanks, did you notice this happening suddenly?

In my case (IIRC) it would launch but not load an image.

PAI was working then started doing the same thing when I tried to Resize. Trying PAI again right now.

Not solution for you, but I can confirm I’m seeing #1. Multiple images queued for processing. The first one is done successfully and saved in the correct folder. The rest indicate “queued” on the processing list. I’ve let a couple of hours go by and still nothing on multiple tries.

Intel MacBook Pro (2017). Sony ARW RAW images. Some with autopilot settings and some with manual adjustments to settings, including denoise and sharpen.

Using version .9 on PC standalone. Three raw files. Processes first, second and third files are queued but the processing just seems to hang after the first file is saved. Cancel processing button does work after I stop waiting for processing to continue.

Report from macOS Ventura beta 6 on the M1 MBP (still dealing with the graphics glitch):

1 Like

I think Photo AI actually grabs someone else’s eyes looking at the previous glasses post…

I processed 30 pix through Photo AI. The majority of the output files were over exposed (blown out). I have no idea why.

Sorted out the lack of models, that is why I kept getting Error: “Could not run the model” when trying to save a file.
The installer TopazPhotoAI-0.9.0.msi needs full access to the internet during installation.
Topaz Photo AI does not seem to download models once installed even though it has full access to the internet.

2.49GB of model downloads during installation and Photo AI now saves files and seems to adjust images.

Simple as that.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Now to test Photo AI out.

Oooo, how did you achieve that? You might remember I’m having the same issue, and Lingyu from support has been patiently trying to figure out the problem to no avail. As far as I know, nothing on my PC is denied access to the web, but that would explain the problem…

Thanks in advance!

Just detected that the ‘subject’ displaces compared to the rest of the image when the sharpen filter is applied. This seems very strange. I detected this today using version 0.8.0, and after updating to version 0.9.0, the behavior is still the same.
I am processing the photo via a tiff file out of Capture One, but as this is visibly only the subject area that moved, i see no way to assume this has any thing to do with the photo import format. In my test, the move was a few pixels toward the top left of the image.

@01matthunter
Looked at what was happening with my network and firewall as no models were being downloaded.
Made sure there was nothing stopping the installer from getting access to the internet, basically disabling the firewall until the installer had finished, that included downloading all the models.

I was expecting that Photo AI would download the models when needed, but not the case apparently.

On Windows to control the firewall I use Tinywall at Download TinyWall and used that method to disable the firewall, then re-enabled the firewall when Photo AI had installed and made sure that all Topaz products had full internet access, use Manage or Whitelist by window using a right click on the Tinywall taskbar icon to accomplish that.
Tinywall will take some getting used to but is worth it.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Currently it downloads all models (which are not already present from previous installs) during installation. About 7.7GB and that includes 3 versions of nVidia GPU models at least 2 of which (about 4.4GB) will not match your GPU.

Downloading is done by the windows MSI installer (msiexec.exe I think).

Thanks for the reply. We have tried running without any AV active which in theory should have done the trick but still nothing, it’s really strange. May end up being the case that the only way to get it working would be to have to have a copy of the models folder and pasting it in manually. At a loss otherwise…