Topaz Photo AI v0.7

In case anyone was curious you can use images with transparency and maintain it when saving.

1 Like

That’s a fantastic report! Welcome! Come be a beta tester :wink:

I was installing 0.7 in the office to check on the Enhance mystery and it seems the server is extremely slow today (university connection so it’s very fast otherwise)…

Installs are usually very fast, even at home.

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 4.01.20 PM

1 Like

Once again with Photo AI 0.7.2 same error message “Could not use model”!
2022-08-24-17-21-9.tzlog (89.1 KB)
No ideas, anybody?

Hi,
The face is not detected in this pic. Why?

running v0.7.2 on MacBook 15 Intel i7 Monterey 12.6

Wanted to see if this would run on my laptop, but get a message about available seats. I know it’s in development, but are we limited in the number of devices we can use? It’s been two for other programs.

Looking into it. Thanks for sending in the log file.

It’s currently one seat per license but you can switch between the machines when you get the license manager pop-up.

2 Likes

I processed a DNG shot on my iPhone using the On1 app using standalone. The resulting image fails to open, both in Apple Preview and in On1 Photo Raw 2022.
Using On1’s “send to” option the resulting TIF is fine, as is the version created via the plug-in.
Preview crash with TOpaz PAI.txt (28.2 KB)
2022-08-24-09-34-5.tzlog (149.8 KB)
2022-08-24-09-32-38.tzlog (169.1 KB)
2022-08-24-09-36-31.tzlog (105.8 KB)

Is that the full pic? Or, a very tight crop of a significantly larger pic?

The Face Detect pilot may only be trained for primarily smaller faces in images or faces that take up a smaller proportion of the image vs fill the frame portraits.

I imagine that when “?” annotations are added to PAI, stuff like that will be clarified.

And, products often morph over time. At some pt perhaps Topaz will train that feature differently. Only they know…

One problem with RAW files (Lumix G9, all updates done, and PhotoAI 0.7.2 on autopilot):
the correction for chromatic aberration isn’t done.
General problems:
-big sharpening like halos in many places.
-aliasing everywhere at any size.

Positive, much, much faster than 0.5.0. Congrats.

Anthony, I missed the beta train, and only found out through Dave Kelly’s videos. Impressive jump in the betas!
The Installer 0.7.2 asked to close Lightroom Classic first, which is did quickly.
I appreciate support now for other profiles, especially Linear Profiles.
Any suggested workflow order? I’m wondering about running Photo AI initially on freshly imported RAWs or DNGs in LrC (maybe just with AutoPIlot settings), then doing LrC processing on the rendered TIF. Then maybe moving to Photoshop, as needed.
Enhance seems impact an image even without Resize. Is this intended?

Yes, Standalone, RAW File, CR2, logfile here.

2022-08-24-21-42-55.txt (111.0 KB)

Update: After Cl,osing & Restart PHAI

Unbenannt

Update #2:

High Compute Load has also disturbed my audio driver.

Have sampling errors throughout.

Stopping the music and letting it continue playing fixed the error.

But is very unusual.

I know that Nvidia relies more on the CPU than AMD Radeon.

Update #3:

Enhance-LowRes alone works.

Sharpen & Denoise do not work.

Denoise generates such a high load on the CPU and GPU that the MSI Afterburner with its 100ms readout time does not record anything anymore.

Will update to 0.7.2 and check again.
__
__
Update #4:

After the update it is the same problem, at the 1st preview update it says no filter and after the 4th the preview goes black.

Are the first 3 updates the performance of CPU and GPU relatively high 96% without that the system stutters, it is after the 4th so that the load on the CPU is so high that the system stutters, on the GPU it is then only 30% load.

Win 11. Auto = Processor. PAI .7.2 Standalone. CR2 raw images.

Working with AutoPilot - in some cases it says “Subject Detected” but no overlay appears on the image:

In some cases where it says “Subject Detected” there’s a partial overlay on the subject (only the bloom of a flower against a blank wall & not the stem, a section [not all] of leaves on trees but not a small shed clearly visible next to the closely spaced trees, part of a figurine - granted, tonal values fairly close to bkground but I’m trying to assess…):

Started using Photo AI 0.72. When saving after DeNoising, there are halos around the 3 faces. These do not appear in the preview, just the saved images. See the before and after.
Before (was originally a DNG, but uploaded a jpg to save space):

After:

Tried some batch processing of old pictures. Has anyone noticed the occasional output files have large dark areas? This happened on several. It disappears if you back off on the denoise slider.

I have been using Photo AI for a week now and here is some feedback:-

The level of noise reduction seems a bit too aggressive leading to loss of detail leading to the image looking “porcelain”. Using the slider I can back it off to zero but it will still apply noise reduction. Even when the image is well exposed, it usually reports that noise is severe even when the degree of noise is low. So I recommend this function be refined with perhaps a restore detail slider like in Sharpen AI.

The sharpen function usually defaults to off when using Autopilot. I usually find myself activating the function manually.

The enhance function does not seem to do much. Not sure what it is supposed to do.

I am impressed with the stability of the beta product. Running on M1 Max MacBook Pro without issues.

I look forward to further under the hood improvements.

5 Likes

Agree with each of those findings…

1 Like

I have found exactly the issues you describe, and in addition I hope that at some point the program will offer adjustment on exposure as well.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v1.0.5