Topaz Photo AI v0.5

Hi @yazi.saradest

I hope you saw the DM with various requested/other data from yesterday… Pretty significant results. :boom:

1 Like

Hi, I have V0.4 that I used for a large batch process on Win 10 machine. Worked very well, reasonably quick and the processed images look great. However, after processing, the EXIF data was totally missing - not from smartphone photos but from digital camera photos that were processed. The cameras were Panasonic DC-G9 and Olympus OM-D-1 Mk II. Any way this data can be recovered??? Thanks.

Hope you figure it out. Just resent my logs. Consoled that others are having this problem as well. I need to stay off YouTube until you get this fixed—all those enthusiastic videos are just salt in the wound :rofl::sleepy::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hi - what output format are you using when saving? Can you please send me a file from each camera where the processed file is getting the EXIF data missing? You can send the files through Dropbox. Thank you.

Hi, it was JPEG to JPEG. I am sending the files in dropbox. Thanks.

I was able to download the program after a little trouble and it is working very well. I did test it on 5 images that I have edited with other Topaz products, mostly DeNoise, Sharpen, and Adjust. One image was highly damaged in flooding from Hurricane Sandy. AI Photo got the fixes about the same as I did, but with far less effort. I am still working on that one. The other 4 were travel shots from Scotland and Peru. Likewise with less effort Photo achieved the same results as mine. I was a little disappointed with the enhance tool as I could see little to no change with it in any of the photos. Generally this is a good start and more work on the enhancement of contrast, brightness, and saturation could really make the photos pop.

TPAI w/ 2x resize of cropped/edited image via Lightroom
Nikon D850 ISO 6400
Artifacts in continuous tone background.

1 Like

Another good example how over sharpened it looks at times!

No Subject detected
Uneven/random application of noise reduction. Noise not well controlled.
Nikon Z9 11400 ISO

1 Like

I would really like to see the option for “Long Edge” when batch resizing a photo. As it is now, I must batch process vertical and horizontal photos separately. With “Long Edge” I would choose one pixel size and the program would automatically apply it to the longest edge of the image.

One have to be careful. PhotoAI overwrites the original jpeg without warning and opportunity to rename the new file.

I love the new photo AI it is a really good compliment to the other tools but lacks both batch processing and the ability to rotate images Portrait / Landscape.

Are these features in the pipeline?

Only if it is used in plugin mode as do all the applications.

Open via the file open menu and you will be able to save as another name.

1 Like

I have already paid for a year’s use of “photo ai” but sadly it only allows me use it on one computer unlike my 3 software programmes it works with. I HOPE THEY CHANGE THAT WHEN ITS OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE ARRIVES…

2 Likes

Please incorporate Mask AI within PAI

The Autopilot is detecting the face but not recover it ?
But it’s recover by the manual filter

Done with PAI + Mask AI

1 Like

Just bought the full set Gigapixel, Denoise and sharpen plus installed Photo but Photo crashes every time as soon as it starts to process the image (after subject and face detection)
I’ve tried it with CR2, RAF and JPG files, numerous of each, I’ve restarted the laptop twice but still the same result, no error messages other than the Windows (program is not responding) notice
I only finally decided to get the bundle as this had become available
???

I suffer from the same issue when I tried to beta test the v.0.5 on my Lenovo laptop left beside my gaming PC. :eyes:

Thanks for the opportunity to try Photo AI. I am surprised it doesn’t find the subject in the attached image. Maybe some more ‘learning’ is needed?

Thank you. Good to know, how it works. I tested it via file open menu. But I’m used to drag and drop from the Finder.

Best regards

Just tried the Photo AI v0.5. My workflow is to use it as a PlugIn in PS and launch it as a filter on a smart object (TIFF file). On trying it out I found that the sliders in the Noise Removal make no difference to the output. Not sure if this is something that will be coming along and the beta only works in Autopilot? In addition Noise Removal also sharpens the image (even with the Sharpen box switched off) and I find this is too much. It needs a sharpen slider in Noise Removal (like DeNoise AI has) as I always found that sharpening in DeNoise AI (for me) worked best at about three-quarters of the auto setting.