Topaz Photo AI v0.4

Deal break bug for me: v0.4 automaticly installed as a plugin to Lightroom 6.2. Installer did not ask if I wanted to install as plugin. To make the situation worse, Topaz products do not show up in the Lightroom plugin manger so I can’t uninstall it.

How can I remove it from Lightroom? Unless I can find a way to remove Photo AI from Lightroom, I’ll have to uninsatll Photo AI from my system.

Will there finally be support for lens profile corrections? When using a raw file in Denoise AI lens corrections are not done for my m4/3, APS-C, and FF lenses. Lightroom, DXO, darktable, ACDSee, etc. do them though.

Many software packages use the Lensfun database that has correction data on most lenses. ACDSee, On1, Affinity, Aftershot Pro, darktable, etc. use it. Much easier than trying to reinvent it at each company or org. Here is a list of software that uses it (may not be complete):

Here is the location for the current release:

Headshot on 20mp Raw file CR2 processed in ACR CS6 then passed to AI Photo 4 plugin , this is after I did a cutout in PS to create white background. Did a reasonable job as no sharpening was applied after Raw conversion . Strange that it recognised the face and decided to remove the black corner patch on the glass frame.

Go to the folder holding the External Editor Presets for Lightroom and delete it.

1 Like

Hi ! Just upgraded my plan to access Photo AI and, even if it’s still crashing a bit on my computer, I must say that I’m amazed by the quality enhancement. I used only Topaz Gigapixels before to upgrade image size, but I really see the upgrade quality of Photo AI… Can’t wait to see where this goes ! Congratulations…

1 Like

This program is very large once insalled. It took up about 10GB after install. I may consider creating a partition just for Topaz programs as they all seem very large. The ProgramData folders are the largest. Anyway of moving these without reinstalling?
All appears to be working fine with the program itself, apart from refusing to open on first atempt. Still testing photos out

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

You normally can just copy over the entire folder. This works with Gigapixel, Denoise, Sharpen and VideoEnhance but currently not with Topaz Photo AI (license limit one pc usage for couriosity).

Still having problems with telephoto lenses. The face it detected isn’t part of the group and it made a mess of some of them. Distortion comes from noise removal, even at 0 strength.

I need some assistance please - the program runs but whenever I drag-drop or click “browse” to actually edit a photo, the program freezes and crashes a second or so after.

Changing the processor to “CPU” results in the same crashing behaviour. This is the first time I’ve installed it (v0.4, no previous installs).

Windows 10 21H2, NVIDIA GeForce Ready Driver 516.59, NVIDIA 3060 Ti, AMD Ryzen5 5600X

Any logs I can look at?

How you doing?

Dear Topaz: I’ve been using the new Photo AI and quite like it, but here’s a problem. Trying to enhance old photos, the program doesn’t detect all the faces in the original image. For example, a photo of a family from the mid 1860s shows 7 people; Photo AI detected only three of them. Cleaned those up quite nicely, but didn’t do anything with the others. (if I can attach here I’ll do it). Suggestion: Add a feature so the user can manually identify faces to the program, if the program doesn’t automatically detect. Or is there a way to do this already? Await your reply -
Below: first, the original image; 2nd, the Photo AI-enhanced image.

1 Like

well, you will probably be told to better use the nvidia studio driver instead, even tough my personal experience is that there was never ever any difference in using either the game ready driver or the studio driver.

They look identical to me.

1 Like

What? The one face is not part of the group, just someone who jumped into the shot? The clean up looks good.

1/ I see only one face , like Photo Ai… don’t understand what’s wrong.
2/ the result is absolutly AMAZING when we see at which distance the picture has been taken ! (amazing camera too certainly !! as the picture on the left is already very good)
(just by curiosity , are you conciencious of it ?)

1 Like

there is a small denoise + face treatment on the second picture, but you need to download the pictures to see them, the reduction/compression of the picture by the forum doesn’t show the details of it.

Marty, that may be true but Richard’s statement was "Photo AI detected only three of them. Cleaned those up quite nicely, but didn’t do anything with the others " so I would expect to see clear evidence of that but there is none or very minor. I see some people claiming things that make no sense.

Just click on one of the images and flick between them using the left or right arrows its really obvious three of the faces have been cleaned up and the rest haven’t.

1 Like