Topaz Photo AI v0.10

Yes invert and all usual mask editing features
DXO with DeepPrime is always my best first step for all my RAW files . I am finding very interesting most of the time to go after DXO through another denoising and sharpening tool , it may be TOPAZ stuffs but I experienced very good and more predictable results using ON1 PhotoRAW 2022 (soon 2023) with NoNoise AI filter specially concerning sharpening

I would like to mention that the early versions of the Photo AI were quite good and felt almost already ready for launch. The later versions begun to mess up images often. Last seen when Remove Noise was turned on. I also canā€™t find the option to resize to other sizes than x1 x2 x4 xMax anymore. :eyes:

1 Like

With any image i get ā€œNo filters activeā€ in the lower left corner and no denoising or sharpening of the image seems to occur. Manually pulling the strength-sliders have no effect either.
The problem started with version 0.9.0 and persists in 0.10.0.
Uninstalling and reinstalling doesnā€™t help at all.

Hi - can you please send me your log file from the same timestamp of a failure session from Help > Open Log Folder? Thank you.

Hi - can you please reproduce the error and send me the log file from the same session from Help > Open Log Folder? Thank you.

Hi Neil - what output format were you using the image with? Can you please send me the original image through Dropbox? Thank you.

Hi - can I also ask you to reproduce the error again and send me your log file from Help > Open Log Folder, please? If youā€™re on Windows, itā€™d also be helpful if you send me a screenshot of the files you have in C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI\models\

Thank you!

They were jpg files 50 % of my black and white photos work ok and 50% give the same output.
Displays fine on screen itā€™s just when they are saved i get the problem as i said before it works in my photoshop elements plugin.

I have just sent you 2 images that produce the same problem.
Had a problem with them in the previous version output was heavily distorted but you could at least see part of the image.

I can reproduce it with your files. Thanks, Neil! Will look into it.

1 Like

Trying to use subject detection and part of the apeā€™s head wont be detected. Tried even 98% to no avail. Let alone itā€™s tail, but that is not in focus on complicated backgroundā€¦

I have just uploaded them

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

We can locally reproduce this. Weā€™ll look into it. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks Yazi

1 Like

Thatā€™s gonna happen because PAI is trying to Import a New DNG with the same file name as the previous iterationā€¦ PAI needs to check and prompt whether the user wants to Import a new DNG, or over-write the previous DNG. And LR is squawking because it knows betterā€¦ :grinning:

Thanks Yazi!

Hi Fred, Yes thatā€™s what I suggested may be the fix in my first report of this snag. Hopefully easily do-able.

Phil

2 Likes

What you wrote was unnecessary. I asked a question and you didnā€™t answer, the reason I asked is because it was a strange place to install a C1 plugin.

Thank you!

1 Like

Everything works fine unless I adjust strength of sharpening. The image updates but system crashes when I try to save back to Lightroom. If I donā€™t adjust sharpening it saves back to Lightroom fine. Iā€™ve tried this several times.

The sharpen seems far to aggressive , this is set at sharpen 1
Original
Sharpen Set at 1