Topaz Photo AI v0.1

Tried with some macroish images. Came up quite well. Just a little editing of the tones beforehand.
Liking PAI for quick edits. (Colours look a bit flat as I do this on an sRGB monitor. Output tiff is OK on my good monitor)

Nice pic!

It’s striking me that PAI is a quick & dirty (or, not so dirty - but that’s the expression…) Fixit Toolkit. Not the final finishing for images & not geared to artistic aesthetics of images. IMO, users will still need that complementary finishing capability!

If only Topaz could come up with that too it would be a dynamite combo. I’m just pondering to figure out what it might be. Oh, I don’t know, maybe some kind of artistic image finishing Studio … :slightly_smiling_face::+1::wink:

what am I doing wrong? I own all the AI bundle. I opened Photo AI and got a splash screen giving a choice to log in or buy. I hit log in and after 5 sec, it took me to the generic download page which has all the applications I already own.

Help please and thanks, Windows 10, 64 bit

On the Your Acct products page does it show you have active, non-expired subscriptions to the AI products?

I also use Win 10. When I installed & activated early rel PAI it took me to a page asking me to “buy” a seat for zero cost. I clicked on that & was able to access .1 PAI.

Win 10. Ps 2022. AMD processor.

Trying the PAI .1 Ps Plugin. 5:30 p PDT.

Double rats! Now the plugin is no longer launching full-screen from my Ps 2022 layer. It had seemed fixed. Has reverted to opening only partway to centered over the Ps 2022 workspace. That is not good.

Seems to be a very unstable, inconsistent bhvr with this release… standalone & plugin. It’s schizophrenic in what it does from usage to usage session.

Also - we very much need a Cancel button (or some other Return to Ps w/out processing button) in the Plugin.

I tried a quick “play” with your posted PAI output, Richard.

1st pic = Some Ps enhancements to brighten & add contrast & keep a very photographic look.

2nd pic = My (theoretical proposal of a Studio in which artistic [ummm, like Degas] & realistic enhancements can be made after the PAI fixit tool is used as a starter …)

1 Like

Yes all active plus Video Enhance…

1 Like

Redeem the program in the link in the first message.

2 Likes

got it…thanks

1 Like

A long way to go on features (masking etc) but what is there is impressive. This might be the next great photo program.

2 Likes

We’re trying to reproduce the software sometimes not retaining full-screen mode when re-opening. If you could send me your logs and some more context on what happens in the same session if you run into instability/behavior interactive again, that’d be great.

For the last part, we’ve added a Cancel Processing button while saving in plugin and external editor models in the latest version but there’s still no direct button to cancel/return to PS/LrC when you aren’t in the main preview panel. We’ll be adding a button for that. For now, you can use the X button to return back to the editor without processing :slight_smile:

My wishlist. I think is a far away but here we go:

• A definitive all-in-one program (sharpen-denoise-gigapixel) with all the models and options available in full programs. Now is really simple on options and models and isn’t enought to unistall gigapixel-denoise-sharpen.
  • Mask by effects. Example: Denoise full image but sharpen the main objective of the image.
  • The possibility of change the order the filters are applied. Example: choose first scale image, second denoise and third sharpen or whatever you want.
  • Fix the quality when we use image scale + denoise or sharpen. It completely destroys the quality of the image.

Thanks, and sorry for my english.

2 Likes

Hi Yazi,

The bhvr (as I noted) is inconsistent so I can’t say what causes it … Sometimes the Standalone launches full screen (& I get excited) but then after I minimize the program to my system tray and re-launch it then it’s centered. Other times I launch the Standalone & it’s centered/minimized (not full-screen).

Ditto for the Ps Plugin - wrt the launching. It was opening full-screen from the Ps layer some times and then it would launch centered/minimized from the layer. It was as if it ran out of energy and could only do so many full-screen launches.

I just woke up early to watch a scheduled Adobe Live on “3D features” and they are doing something cutesy illustration-y instead & changed the schedule. So I’ll give PAI a try now since I’m up. :sleeping_bed:t3: :desktop_computer: I’ll clean out my logs 1st so I know what’s what… Will keep you posted. Thx.

Yep. That’s what I mentioned in the initial reply! :wink:

When you close the app, it saves if your window is full screen or not. It doesn’t save window position or size because it was a frequent source of issues in Sh,DN,etc. with the app appearing completely off screen sometimes. It sounds like when you unminimize the app its appearing non-full screen, and then you closed the app and re-opened it. It opened in non-full screen since that was the state it was in when you closed it.

1 Like

I think I need my Wheaties… I’m not sure I followed that Anthony. :grin:

What is Sh, DN, etc. ?

When I launch - Standalone or Ps Plugin - the program inconsistently (sometimes yes, sometimes no) opens minimized/centered on my display. I’ll expand it to full-screen (in both Standalone & Ps Plugin) to work with it b/c (A) I need the real-estate to see what’s happening to images, and (B) When in Ps it’s the same real-estate issue, but also very confusing that I can accidentally click on things in the Ps UI if they are in a separated, tiered (I’m not awake to think of the word) layout.

Whenever I close out or minimize to tray or save back to a Ps layer stack, I’m doing so from a full-screen PAI view. If I had to actively expand it to that position to work with it I don’t know if the program sends the msg that I did so to its brain. I don’t understand enough about coding to know. I hope that makes sense.

Sh and DN are Sharpen and DeNoise, respectively. We’ll look into the inconsistent behavior.

1 Like

Thx! I was wondering how Adobe Dimension (Dn) might be a factor. Okey dokey.

I can see where my (sleepy) description could be confusing. When I say “minimize to tray” I mean I’m hitting the little dash or minus key at top right of my Win 10 display to make the program not visible on my display but still be open in my sys. tray. I’m not hitting the little square to minimize the display from full-screen. Hope that helps.

This is what I see (close cropped but it’s centered on my display) when I re-expand from the tray after sending the full-screen PAI to my sys tray then single clicking on the program icon to work with it again on my display. Pic from artcar fest …

Original - ISO 25600 - 300mm, f4, 1/200 sec., 1DX III.

PH-AI- Denoise
A pretty good result, only the attempt to restore the details ends in slight artifacts.

PH-AI- Denoise - Artifact - These fine lines, make the image look artificial.

With Enhance 1x you can counteract this, the image will then be blurred, but “probably” corresponds more to the fact that the badger is not in focus.

PH-AI- Denoise + Sharpen - Artifact

The details are lost, the sharpness becomes halos.

I can send you all the pictures of the Badger, they are just a nice reminder.

This is a picture of a night HDR test set, because the shredder disturbed me while photographing I just took test photos of it.

Since the shredder is made of metal and painted, there are not many details in this case, apart from the grass, of course, that needs details & is also illuminated by the floodlights, the manual result I like better here, you also pay attention to the parameters - And the inscription “Jaguar”.

Original

PH-AI-Denoise-Auto = 50%

PH-AI-Denoise-Manual

New image, the navigation image is the old one.

The dark cross is a high voltage pylon.
The blocks/details in the sky should not be present.

I can also provide this set of images.

Photographed from a tripod, only the vehicles are moving.

Win 10. PAI .1ER. Standalone. Using topline auto.

It only selected Denoise. I upscaled 2x. There’s a small face, I was surprised Face Recovery wasn’t selected. But activating it manually made the image worse.

Preview of Topline Auto’s settings in Split View - Face looks skeletal to me. A distinctive white triangular line was added to the shoulder blades area of the figure walking away.