Topaz Photo AI v 3.0.1 brightness adjustment mask does not line up with image

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Open image in Topaz photo ai 3.0.1 and add enhancement to adjust brightness
  2. When complete, return to view in LrC
  3. Image has a a brighter mask in the shape of the subject but not aligned with it.
  4. If you repeat the process even after clearing the enhancement (ie choosing autopilot) the bright misaligned mask is still there.

Topaz Photo AI [v3.0.1] on [Windows Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 with LrC 13.2 ]

I’d like to get some more information about the workflow you are using. Can you tell me if you are using Topaz Photo AI as a standalone application or as a plugin for Lightroom Classic? If you are using it as a plugin for Lightroom, which of the following plugins are you using:

• The RAW plugin, accessed through File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo
  • The External editor plugin, accessed through Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI

Both. And also when topaz photo AI is run standalone

It seems to only happen in combination with crop.

And having looked at the *.tiff file created using something other than LrC, it seems that it might only be the preview image in the TIFF file that is affected.

So I am showing a screenshot rather than attaching the file>

To get a better understanding of the workflow you are using when you receive these edits, would you mind taking a screen recording of this behavior so I can see exactly what is happening? This will help the developers get the best understanding of how to address this issue.

Loom is a great free application for this: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording