Topaz photo AI increases exposure

When I import my .RAF files from my Fujifilm X-H2 in Lightroom everything is ok.
When I do File > Plugin Extra’s > Process with Photo AI, it opens in topaz photo ai with increased exposure.
When saved to lightroom, increased exposure stays.

Topaz Photo AI 1.2.7 on Windows
2023-06-16-20-04-35.tzlog (175.0 KB)

If I convert to TIF before going to Topaz it works fine, but i’d rather work with the raw files. :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same issue when importing a RAW file - hugely over-exposed

I forgot to mention that I don´t have this issue when importing files from my x-t30. It´s the new x-h2 that is giving me these exposure problems.

I see same behaviour when working with Canon cRAW files.
Partially only limited to the marked subjects.

Absolutely annoying and rendering the software largely useless at the current stage for my workflow with Lightroom Classic.

I have same issue. From Lightroom I go to file and select the plug in, do my adjustments in Topaz AI and upon saving back into Lightroom the dang file is extremely bright and can’t be saved. However if I bring into Topaz AI via “edit in” as a tiff file, do my adjustments and save tiff back to LR it is fine. Working with Nikon raw files.

@pieter.verhoeven @grant.hudson @martin.anstett @RyanMontgomery
We are working on improving our Raw handling for most cameras. At the moment, we have color/exposure shifts for cameras which we have documented and added to the roadmap for addressing.

For now, using Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI for a TIFF workflow instead of Raw is recommended to avoid this color shift.

Thank you Lingyu

Thank you!
How will we be notified if the issue should be resolved?

Good to hear the issue gets adressed.
Really wondering how such a case can slip through release controls.

Is there a roadmap that shows the camera models with confirmed problems that are currently adressed?

Regards, Martin

I don’t know if this will help you in any way, but I just accidently turned off my dedicated graphics card and the issue was gone. Hower Topaz was ofcourse super slow without it and when saving the picture back to lightroom I had a small blak line on top of the image.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design as dedicated graphics card.
I never had this issue with the X-T30 files, only with the X-H2 files.

Unfortunately this had made the software 100% unusable for me. Can’t process any photos from my Canon.

We should have a tidbit about this in our release notes if this fix is included in a new version of Topaz Photo AI :slight_smile:

Same issue here. The raw from Canon EOS 5DS R gets way overexposed… very disappointing.

Same issue

Please upload the files to my Dropbox so I can confirm and make a task to fix this.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.