Topaz Gigapixel v1.3.5 - v1.3.6

Hello!
This is a small update to focus on bug fixes with an additional fix for Photoshop plugin users. Please update to v1.3.6 or contact support@topazlabs.com if you’re still experiencing issues. Thank you!

Esther H.
Topaz Labs


Topaz Gigapixel v1.3.6
Windows: Download
Snapdragon: Download
Apple Silicon Mac: Download
Intel Mac: Download
Released August 31st, 2026

Topaz Gigapixel v1.3.5
Windows: Download
Snapdragon: Download
Apple Silicon Mac: Download
Intel Mac: Download
Released August 27th, 2026


Changelog:

  • Fixed Photoshop plugin not opening due to library conflict on Mac (v.1.3.6)
  • Fixed certain JPG images loading gray
  • Fixed face recovery settings not being passed to the engine correctly
  • Fixed grain not processing during slider changes
  • Fixed license files not respecting custom install directories on Windows
  • Fixed Wonder 3.5 extraction not extracting all files on Mac
  • Added block on running Neuroserver on Apple Silicon devices with under 16GB system memory
    • Neuroserver requires 16GB or may freeze, which is why this block exists
  • Updated the subscription information dialog to make it less confusing
  • Updated EULA

Known issues:

  • v1.3.5 macOS installer breaks Ps plugin (discovered after release)
7 Likes

Any updates on shared model folders? Current behavior is duplicate multi-GB folders per app despite the same underlying models for each. Which dot release will have this?

5 Likes

We are working on a solution for that. Currently I cannot confirm the timeline or when it will be ready.

3 Likes

That would be amazing. It’s already 30GB+ each here. If you can compress the installer itself too with ZipNN or otherwise, that too would be another wonderful upgrade. In fact, on a sufficiently fast CPU you could actually compress the models at rest and then dynamically unpack them only during use.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: RESOLVED | Can’t install Gigipixel (more than 1 version update)

2 posts were split to a new topic: Reported in v1.3.5 | macOS Ps Plugin Broken

The 1.3.6 update seems to have cleared my Cloud queue, which is nice, actually. I’ve always wanted to be able to clean that up manually.

1 Like

Uploads will automatically clear after 7 days.
Nothing was changed intentionally with the Cloud queue.

I recommend voting on this open topic in the Ideas forum:

1 Like

I just updated to 1.3.6 today in the office (M1 Mac Studio Ultra) and now PS is crashing every time I press F to change the view… Related?

I removed the GP plugins and restarted PS, same pinwheel hang.

I just installed the PS beta which pinwheeled briefly while pressing F but proceeded and worked normally from there.

I doubt that this would be related. We haven’t received other cases mentioning that issue.

OK thanks, I wasn’t having this issue prior to the update but I will keep an eye on it.

I tested on my end, and I don’t have issues with changing the views in PS. (I don’t use PS beta but the latest version that just came out)

I just tested at home (M2 Mac Mini) and do not see the issue with either release or beta of PS, so I don’t know what happened in the office…

A slight enhancement of a 2022 photo of the pied peacock at Pairi Daiza.

Variegated Peacock

As usual, I used Wonder 3.5, followed by Flux2 Klein 9B and a Wonder 3.5 upscale. I finished with some light smoothing using Denoise in Topaz Photo and blended it with the non-denoised version to recover micro-details in certain areas of the image.

Flux 2 Klein is really handy for extreme restoration. It is roughly as powerful as Gemini Nano Banana and runs locally on the machine. Its only downside is that it cannot produce high-quality 4K images. However, Wonder 2, 3, and 3.5 are available to upscale the image back to the original photo’s resolution—or even higher.

In addition to using Wonder 3.5 to increase resolution, Redefine really helped with the fur on the final pass.

Snow leopard

A combination of Wonder 3.5 + Redefine Subtil and Redefine Creative (low texture, level 3 or 4—I don’t recall exactly). But the Creative product helped enhance the feathering effect.

peacock with her two peacock chicks

I like the eye of the leopard. I would say the details might be a little bit overdone but in general it’s a great improvement

1 Like

Thanks :blush:. Yeah, achieving flawless detail fidelity isn’t always easy. Especially since there was motion blur on the stone in this case. I also tried combining a section using “Redefine Creative” (low texture setting of 5) for certain areas of the image, which helped improve the result.

I often experiment with different outputs using various models, as each has its own strengths and weaknesses. I then blend the variants to create the perfect, enhanced image :wink:.

As always, using Wonder 3.5 and Redefine Subtile.

White tiger photo 1

White tiger photo 2

White tiger photo 3

This one is maybe the best of the 4 in terms of improvement. Especially for the eyes. Still with Wonder 3.5 + Redfine Subtile. But for Redefine Subtile, I made a copy with tight framing on the animal in order to optimize the rendering quality as much as possible. And then, I reassembled the photo.

White tiger photo 4

Note that if you create a tight crop focused on the main subject, you will achieve a better result for that specific area. You can then simply realign it with the source version enhanced by Wonder.

1 Like

Here is the snowy owl. Upscaled using Flux2 Klein 9B and Wonder 3.5. I also slightly smoothed out the grain added by Flux using Topaz Photo Denoise Max and applied a light wildlife sharpening effect.

Snowy Owl

Honestly, I’m happy with the result. I find the photo quality is now impeccable.

1 Like