Topaz Denoise Black Screen

Also have images saved showing only Black sometimes. More often now.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.7
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 26.20.100.7927
CPU RAM: 7924 MB
Video RAM: 1500 MB
Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

As you donā€™t meet minimum requirements you will need to use smaller images (pixel dimensions) or, if you have more than one GPU on your system, allocate the high-performance GPU to DeNoise via the Graphics panel in Windows settings.

I just had this happen tonight on the trial, all black after applying my effect-I used the ā€œapplyā€ button and it processed, but when i view on the photo app, the image was all black. I have windows 10 i7, 16gb ram, 8gb Nvidia graphics memory. Iā€™ve used it quite a bit since I downloaded it, and not expected to lose my pictures after an ā€œimprovementā€. How do I recover my lost pictures?

Please go to Help-> Graphics info in the application, press Copy and paste the information here. It sounds like you may have 2 GPUs and you are using the iGPU.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.7

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 431.53

CPU RAM: 16253 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Hi, First update your GPU driver as it is out of date to see if that makes a difference. You can download from the NVIDIA web site.

It saved with no issues for the first 11 daysā€¦but I did update my drivers-are those pictures now lost??? For the price to purchase, itā€™s a bit too steep for the issues of lagging, losing picture data, good thing I had more of the same shot otherwise iā€™d have been more upset.

Why would the original picture be lost? Unless you overwrite the original it will still be on your system.

In your first post you mentioned clicking on ā€œApplyā€ - did you by any chance open the images by right clicking on them and selecting ā€œOpen Withā€? The AI apps donā€™t support that method - If you do it that way then Denoise will open in plug-in mode and clicking ā€œApplyā€ will overwrite the original.

Thatā€™s very possible, I am able to right click the image, and ā€œopen withā€ā€¦I havenā€™t had any issues opening pictures in PS through the plug-in installed there in the filters menu. I experimented again with a less than ideal photo, and it ran fineā€¦I have no idea why those pictures blackend with picture lossā€¦that would explain the file size going from 8mb to 500 kbā€¦ overwriting the original shouldnā€™t produce thisā€¦

Anytime when i am using the post processing functions on a big RAW file in Denoise (standalone or as a plugin within Luminar 4),the processed image just appears pitch black.
Using it as a layer within Luminar 4 brings the same result and the Histogram shows that there is no colour information.
Using it on a smaller Jpg file works.
Would be nice if you could look into thatā€¦

Please open DeNoise and go to Help-> Graphics info., press Copy aand paste the info here.

Also what are the RAW files you are opening in DeNoise (in pixel dimensions and what are you saving the output as? If you are sending from Luminar it should be as an external editor and not trying to edit the RAW image directly in DeNoise from Luminar.

Iā€™m also having this problem. Hereā€™s my Graphics info
Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.11

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.5107

CPU RAM: 12191 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

What are the dimensions of the images causing the issue?

As your system doesnā€™t meet the minimum system requirements you may need to consider reducing the size of the input image.

Yes it was a big image.

Oh what did I update??? Black screen,
Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.8.0

Operating System: macOS 10.16

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) Irisā„¢ Plus Graphics OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 INTEL-16.5.9

CPU RAM: 32768 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

I found a workaround!!! I just discovered that it works properly when I use Gigapixel as a plugin within Photoshop. It seems weird to me that I get the black screen image with Gigapixel as a standalone, but I am happy to have found that it works with PS.