Topaz Denoise Black Screen

(Colin) #1

Just installed Topaz DeNoise AI it worked twice and now all I get is a Black Screen after saving the output as a Jpeg file. Also the ouput is not saved back into Lightroom with the applied effect.

Need some help with this.

(welzen) #2

Same here. I have tried saving as dng, tiff, and jpg. Still get the same result, a balck image.

(IAMAI) #3

Same here, a black saved image.

(Don) #4

Make sure that when you call the application from Lightroom use the File Save option (Ctr+S) and not the Save as button.

(Don) #5

For everyone having problems with images saved as totally black, go to Help-> Graphics info, click the Copy button and post the results here.

(Colin) #6

Application & Version: Topaz Denoise AI Version 1.0.0
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: Intel® HD Graphics 4400
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.4531
CPU RAM: 16282 MB
Video RAM: 1500 MB Total, 1024 MB In Use
Preview Limit: 3135 Pixels

(Don) #7

For all who are having issues with black images being produced you will need to check that your PC meets the System Requirements. Troubleshooting tips are here in this article as is a link to minimum technical requirements.

Troubleshooting:

If the GPU you are using does not meet the minimum requirements and you have a secondary high-performance GPU read this article to learn how to set up DeNoise AI, or indeed any other application, to use switchable graphics:

I all else fails there are options in the preferences panel where you can switch to CPU processing (slower) and also select not to use maximum AI models in the processing. These preferences are found in File-> Preferences.

(Don) #8

Unfortunately the HD4400 is not a supported GPU for GigaPixel AI but if you read the post above there are other options you can use if you don’t have Dual GPUs on your system.

(Rondo249) #9

No black screen but not sure where to post this. First thing I noticed when using is lag- I have a Nvidia 1060 and Intel i-5- lag is annoying. I also miss an option for a side-by-side comparison view. Inconsistencies in UI of Topaz products really disrupts the workflow.

(Don) #10

If you are using a i5 make sure your virtual RAM is set to a minimum of your installed RAM and at least a maximum of double that.

As for the side by side view choose the Split Icon at the top of the screen.

(Rondo249) #11

Thanks for the tip- I have 16GB of RAM and no problems with lag in any other demanding programs, plugins, or games.
Issue IS with AI Denoise.
Yes, I used the split screen- I just prefer the side by side as in other Topaz plugins like Texture Effects, and in Studio- no UI consistency.

(snotty7) #12

Application & Version: Topaz Denoise AI Version 1.0.2
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: Intel® HD Graphics 530
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 25.20.100.6446
CPU RAM: 16283 MB
Video RAM: 1500 MB Total, 1200 MB In Use
Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

(Don) #13

Hi,

Go to File-> Preferences and select CPU for the processing mode (slower) unless you have a Dual GPU system. If you do have a dedicated High-performance GPU it will show if you run DxDiag from the search box. If so then use this link to show you how to set up switchable graphics: