Topaz AI using massive amount of app memory

when I finish processing and want to save the image the process is using huge amounts of app memory (45GB)

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1 use Topaz AI 2.4.1 for mac to process an image
  2. Step 2 last step upscale the image to (7680x 4320 8K resolution)
  3. Step 3 save the image It takes very long for the process to finish and most times before finishing I’m asked to close all apps because there is not enough app memory??

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Please follow the instructions below to perform a clean install to better troubleshoot why you had this problem with Topaz Photo AI:

Start by clearing any previous plist files that are on your computer for Topaz Photo AI by following the steps in the link below:

Topaz Photo AI | plist Files Mac

After you have done this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Please also ensure that the Topaz Photo AI installer has all the proper settings in your system by going to your Mac System Settings > Privacy & Security tab and scrolling down to the security section. You will want to make sure you have 'App Store and identified developers ’ selected. Here is a video example:

Example of Proper System Preferences

Finally, rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

Let me know how that goes for you and I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

after i did what you suggested and several updates it works better. thanks

1 Like