Three issues with Photo AI

I’m experiencing three issues with Photo AI, all when using it as a plugin for Photoshop (newest release).

First, I get an error that says if it persists to contact support. I can close that window and immediately start Photo AI, so it’s not a huge problem, just annoying.

Secondly, while I’m editing in Photo AI, a window pops up saying “You’ve launched the TPAI plugin for Photoshop. You can close this dialog box once TPAI plugin has closed.” Normally this message shows in Photoshop, but every now and then it persists (as I’m writing this the popup is still showing).

Thirdly, after running TPAI, focus is shifted to Lightroom. Again, not a huge issue, but pressing a shortcut key in Photoshop actually affects Lightroom. Potentially dangerous.

Images for first and second issues below.
TPAI issue 1

Steps to reproduce issue:

I can’t predictably recreate these issues, they just happen every now and then. The first issue seems to be every 20 to 30 images, the second issue seems to be every 15 to 20 images, and the third one is quite common, perhaps every 5 images

Topaz Photo AI 2.3.0 on Windows

Windows 11 Home (10.0.22631 Build 22631)
64GB Memory
11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Hi There,

Thanks for that information; based on your sys profile information, your computer is more than capable of handling the processing with no issue

I suspect the problem might have been a bad update installer, I recommend you uninstall the app completely and reinstall with the link below; this will get you a new license for 2.3.0

“My Products" page:

https://topazlabs.com/my-account/downloads/

If the issue persists, then it’s likely a bug in the update version itself, which, in that case, I’ve provided the 2.2 version below for you to revert to!

Topaz Photo AI V2.2 Mac

Topaz Photo AI V2.2 windows

Please let us know if you’re experiencing any other issues with the 2.3 version so we can inform our developers and get that issue patched

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.