This program has gone from great to crap

The latest version is incredibly unstable and I’m sick and tired of investing time editing photos only to have the edits lost when the program crashes, which is more than 50% of the time. Topaz, please get the system crash issues resolved!

I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this crash in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this email.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Dropbox File Request

Hi, John.

I have uploaded to your Dropbox the system profile you requested.

I’m not planning to recreate the crashes because earlier today I got so fed up with them that I uninstalled v.2.4.1 and replaced it with v.2.3.0, which I was able to use for several hours this afternoon without a single issue.

Back when I was still using v.2.4.1, it would crash at almost any point in the process: sometimes as a new file loaded, sometimes in the middle of editing, but most often during the Save process. Sometimes after crashing two or three consecutive times, it would then suddenly work fine. I’m sure there’s some explanation for it, but I haven’t been able to see any rhyme or reason to it.

For what it’s worth, I also run Photoshop CS5 (old, but still works), Luminar Neo, ON1 Photo Raw and Topaz Denoise AI on the same PC and they all run with no problems.

I hope you can resolve whatever the issue is that is causing the crashes, but in the meantime I will continue to use v. 2.3.0 which meets my needs.

Thanks.

Ray

Let’s see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem.

Please use the following link to update your driver: NVIDIA | Driver Update

Exactly. I stopped using Topaz at Mac Book Pro with M2 Max and 32 GB RAM
Extremely slow and unusable

I updated the driver, reinstalled v.2.4.1 and have now processed six images without incident. It looks like the driver update may have solved the problem. Thanks!

Well, I may have declared victory too soon. After updating the driver, I was able to process seven images without crashing, but the program crashed again on image number eight.

Please follow the instructions below to perform a clean install to better troubleshoot why you had this problem with Topaz Photo AI:

Start by clearing any previous plist files that are on your computer for Topaz Photo AI by following the steps in the link below:

Topaz Photo AI | plist Files Mac

After you have done this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Please also ensure that the Topaz Photo AI installer has all the proper settings in your system by going to your Mac System Settings > Privacy & Security tab and scrolling down to the security section. You will want to make sure you have 'App Store and identified developers ’ selected. Here is a video example:

Example of Proper System Preferences

Finally, rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

Let me know how that goes for you and I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the link below:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page