The denoised and sharpened .dng file does not save and/or open back to Lightroom

I open the file in Lightroom Classic, I then use the plug in to denoise and sharpen the file in Topaz AI. It looks great but when I go to save, it does not save the cleaned up file. It saves a file that looks like the original. Also it sometimes sends the file back to Light Room Classic but sometimes does not and then I have to find it in the original location and re-import it to Lightroom Classic.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

I’ve downloaded the Topaz AI but after I’ve managed to get a decent sharp image I cannot transfer it to me photo collection. It reverts to its original noisy image

@marymillar8 Thanks for reaching out.

It looks like there may be a glitch in the communication between Photo AI and Lightroom.
If Photo AI is processing properly as a standalone app, please reset the plugin using these steps:

1. Close Lightroom fully.
  2. Run the Topaz Photo AI installer again. Get a new one from the downloads page: https://topazlabs.com/downloads/
  3. Open Lightroom and check the File menu.

Give that a shot and see if it fixes things!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.