Software license not activating

1 - I recently installed a new harddriive on my laptop to increase space.

2 - I’ve reinstalled Windows 11 and Topaz Photo AI.

3 - Now when I try to open PhotoAI I immediately get the activate software dialog. Which is fine.

4 - I Press the activate button and I am presented I believe with a login screen to Topaz website? Again not an Issue. However, the screen notes my success, tells me that I’m being returned to the application.

5 - Upon return I briefly get a dialog noting my Laptop name but then the Activate dialog box immediately reappears and the only thing I’m allowed to do is go through the active process again with one exception I do not have to provide my creditions it simply tells me that the software has now been activated and that I’m being returned to the application where I am still presented with the activation dialog and if I try closing that I find that I am still in the trial version of the software.

How do I get the software to recognize the license?

Have you recently been able to log into your Topaz Labs account in a web browser with your account information?

If so then Topaz Photo AI should also connect to your account. If it does not please make sure you do not have any VPN, proxy servers or anti-virus software running that can cause connection issues for the apps to reach our servers.

You can also clear your cookies and cache in the web browser you use and then log back in before clicking the activate option in the app.