Slow Selection Performance

I have a lot of problems with selecting a subject by denois and sharpen.
When I want to select or remove something, the circle is too big and goes very slowly across the screen.
I’ve had this since the last 3 versions.
I would like a solution for this

1 Like

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

Hello John,

I have send you the information in your dropbox.

But I have received no feedback till now.

Best Regards

Martin Quaedvlieg

Martin.quaedvlieg@ziggo.nl

Is this problem with the Selection feature happening with all Brush Types?

Please try to recreate this issue in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this email.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Dropbox File Request

Hallo John,

Hereby the log folder.

Best regards,

Martin Quaedvlieg

2024-04-05-08-29-14.tzlog (112 KB)

2024-04-05-08-33-20.tzlog (197 KB)

2024-04-05-14-16-38.tzlog (326 KB)

2024-04-05-14-21-44.tzlog (1.02 MB)

2024-04-05-14-32-46.tzlog (827 KB)

2024-04-05-16-40-11.tzlog (1.9 MB)

2024-04-06-15-33-5.tzlog (2.19 MB)

2024-04-06-16-08-54.tzlog (110 KB)

2024-04-06-16-10-30.tzlog (413 KB)

2024-04-06-16-12-33.tzlog (563 KB)

Filter Plugin Log.txt (4.53 KB)

lastSessionFiles.txt (62 Bytes)

Topaz Photo AI Installer Log.txt (1.66 MB)

Thanks for sending those log files in to us. I have talked with some of the developers and we they have a task on their docket to fix this in up and coming releases.

Unfortunately, the performance of the selection brushes has been slower in the latest versions.

We are working on fixes to improve the responsiveness very soon, as it’s a larger part of the enhancements. So far as I know, it’s not your hardware that’s causing the issue, and we need to fix it on our side.

If you would like to revert to any previous Topaz Photo AI version, you can find a list of previous installers at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Community Forums | Topaz Photo AI | Releases

Having some issues using the selection tool when selecting a subject. When trying to select or deselect something the process is extremely jerky and slow reacting. This happens when using the tool in the sharpen, removal or noise reduction process. It is very frustrating and not pleasant to use. I believe that it may have functioned properly a couple of time in the dozens of times I have used it. Not sure if it is the program or my system.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Hello John,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been familiar with Topaz for some time.

I already had the programs Denoise - Sharpen and Gigapixel.

Always to my complete satisfaction.

I am also satisfied with Topaz Photo AI.

I’m waiting for the next updates and hope it gets fixed soon.

Best regards,

Martin Quaedvlieg

1 Like

In previous versions this worked very smoothly and fast. Now if I wish to modify the subject detected to either increase or decrease the area not only is the response sluggish but the cursor area moves erratically ie like not smoothly but a bit clockwise like

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Transfer from Lightroom to TAI
  2. Let software do its stuff!
  3. Modify subject using either denoise or sharpening modules

Trued uninstalling then reinstalling after a reboot. No change to the above.

Topaz Photo AI [v2.4.1] on [Windows 11] - working in RAW

2024-03-16-10-43-17.tzlog (570.9 KB)

Same issue here

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

Hi John

Thanks for getting back to me.

Have just upload DxDiag via dropbox as requested.

Best regards,

Martin

I would like to see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem.

Please use the following link to update your driver: Intel | Driver Update

After the update, let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thanks

I use Nvidia, as far as am aware, for GPU and that is up-to-date. See below.

Also not happy to alter OEM settings on my laptop – see below screenshot. Furthermore, via device manager, says Intel graphics has the latest driver so as a non-IT person don’t understand why two different statements!

What I have also noticed is that the abnormal response is primarily with the brush not superpixel or object detection. That said still sluggish even with these compared to previous version which was perfect.

Incidentally preferred previous layout to detect subject where it is in a bar of its own. With the current layout have to now open noise or sharpen layer. This means unnecessary extra clicks!

Martin

Hi John - to confirm reverted to 2.4.0 and no issue using selection brush. Upgraded to 2.4.2 and having same issue as 2.4.1 ie brush selection is slow and moves erratically

Hi John

Just updated to 3.0.1. Regarding the brush lagging issue- doesnt happen if I access TAI from photoshop only from Lightroom Classic. Doesnt happen in TAI in LRC if use object selection or superpixel only with “regular” brush.

To remind you all was OK for me with version 2.4.0.

Any ideas to the time frame for resolving this problem?

Also apologies if I have not added this message in the correct way.