Sharpen AI v4.1.0

It’s finally working. I had to disable Norton protection in order to get it to install. I’m not sure why.

Thanks for the help.

3 Likes

Glad it worked out! I’ve had that happen with other programs…

I am a beta tester for Topaz Labs and having issue activating Sharpen AI 4.1.0.2b. I tried logging with my beta tester email id and password but it still keeps me in trial model. Its tough to make comparisons between the two images when there is a big logo on the output image. Same happens with the Video AI app as well. Could you please guide me in the right direction?

Best Regards

Others more knowledgeable may chime in, but my understanding is that just because you are a beta tester doesn’t mean that you have a licence for the commercial product. That’s something you have to purchase.

If you don’t own a licence for the commercial app then you’ll be in trial mode for both products - commercial and beta. For what it’s worth, there’s no version of Sharpen in beta at the moment.

Paul: I took part in the beta testing of a product I don’t own. It didn’t earn me access to the release version, but I still have the beta and can access it, even though I don’t use it to any intents and purposes.
Of course, others might not be so lucky!

That’s not what they’re asking for, nor what I said - they’re saying they can only open the beta in trial mode.

Do you have a separate login/PWD for your Topaz acct (the ones you used when you purchased your products …) vs your beta tester login/PWD? If so, try entering your primary acct info to see if that unlocks the trial mode.

It started to crash again - do you want the files?

Does Topaz Sharpen AI use the tensor cores of a nvidia RTX GPU or just the standard cores?
The tensor cores are optimized for AI calculations.
No idea, anyone?

I suggest you send a message to support to ask. Awhile back I wanted to know if they used the M1 Neural Engine and I got a reply that said they did. Please report back what they say. I already reported back what they said to my question.

Henry,

here´s the official answer, which came pretty quick (thanks to the support team!):
“I’ve reached out to our development team, and they’ve confirmed that the Tensor cores will be used if available.”

Thanks for the update.
Can you add a function for save user presets - for manual parameter. not alone for AI Sharpen, for AI Denoise.
This are helpful.
Greetings Wolfgang

1 Like

I have the same issue!!

One of the Topaz discussion forum tabs is geared specifically to suggest new features. Check the categories up top.

If you post this idea there, other users can vote thumbs up using a vote button & the developers will see that too. Good luck. It seems relevant for all the AI products.

Check for updates does not return a response on the released version

@anthony.lawn

While Process a Batch.

__
__

Thre are no Processing bars also.

It’s first time i do a Batch with Sharpen.
__
__
Update:
After some time the bar did apear but like with Denoise it does disapear to the top and you can’t do anything with it (read the time etc.).

i think is photoshop host related, when i use smart object, if i add topaz plugins, pre or prost others plugins, every time i change others plugins the topaz plugins is called again and process again picture, also if is not changed.
example, i had a color change after shapen ai, i change that, but immediately sharpen ai is called and redo is work (exactly the previous picture).
This happen if change is before (that i understand) but happen also after.
is possibile to do something?

1 Like

I’m using a Win 10 desktop PC. And, Ps 2022 (23.1.1 rel.). And, am using the SAI 4.1.0 plugin (in Ps).

I don’t typically create Smart Objects before processing with filters (even though the pro retouchers highly recommend it …). After seeing your post I decided to do so to see what happens for me.

I’m having the same experience you are. Which is not how Ps Smart Object layers should operate; whether using Ps integrated filters or 3rd party plugin filters. (BTW, I’m not “yelling” - my style is to bold items of attn… for developers to see easily among other text).

I opened my .jpg image. Duplicated the Background layer then converted that copy to a Smart Object w/in Ps.

I opened that Smart Object into SAI 4.1.0. Made some processing changes then accepted back to my Ps layer stack.

Then I duplicated (dragged down to the new layer icon in Ps) that SAI returned layer. As soon as I did that, SAI plugin was re-launched. It shouldn’t be. Typically, one should have to dbl click on the Topaz smart filter sub-layer in the processed layer to proactively re-launch a filter (like SAI). Before SAI went crazy processing a 2nd time (which I didn’t want) I immediately hit “Cancel” in the SAI UI. That took me back to my Ps layer stack.

I was then able to open that same layer with Nik Color Efex & do some processing there as usual. After applying, that was returned to my Ps layer stack and I can see the subsequent smart object layers for SAI, then Nik in my layers stack.

Tried again. I duplicated that Nik-processed layer to add a 3rd filter to my image. Again, SAI plugin launched & started processing. It definitely shouldn’t do that! Only if I dbl clicked on the sub-layer labelled SAI should that happen. So again, I immediately cancelled the SAI processing to return to the Ps layers stack.

Then I was able to open the cumulatively processed image with AKVIS Sketch & process in their UI as I normally would. And return that sketch (from the original photo) back to Ps.

After those 3 stages of 3rd party filter processing of the original Smart Object I find I cannot re-launch any of the other 3rd party smart filter process stages. Only the Topaz SAI 4.1.0 will re-launch. Which defeats the purpose of using Smart Objects/Filters to process images. Intent is to be able to go back to make changes after the fact.

There’s definitely an “issue” wrt the way the SAI 4.1.0 plugin is handling Smart Objects that needs to be corrected.

You should be able to see my labelled Smart Object layers (at right) in this snip:

@anthony.lawn

Hello All,

I’m having serious problems with the new Nvidia driver 512.59 (April release) for the GeForce RTX 3080 in Windows 11 (up to date) when using Sharpen AI 4.1.0.

The card fan races away with Sharpen open even though it’s idle.

The problem increases to a point that it sounds like damage will be done!

Closing Sharpen allows the card to return to normal - but it’s very disconcerting.

I’ve rolled back to Nvidia driver 512.15 (March release) and that is working normally.

I suspect 512.59 is a bad release for me - I’ve had some problems with other apps as well. (Freezing and refresh delay, etc)

Hope the information helps.

David.