Sharpen AI v4.1.0

What processor option do you have set in your Preferences (File > Prefs)?

If it’s set to “Auto” or “GPU” what happens if you change that pref to use “CPU”? Does it work for you that way?

It was set for CPU so I have changed it to GPU and it work. I have left Memory Consumption at Medium although it is much quicker at High. Should I change it to High?

1 Like

I personally experiment to see what works best (& what crashes my Win 10 PC). It’s easy enough to change the Prefs. Play around with a few different combos to see what gives you the best performance. Then leave it on that. Different systems (even with the same OS) seem to like diff configs. Glad you got it working!

I saw this update online but it said I was not registered to receive the update. Is my annual subscription still valid to perform the upgrade?

This is user to user forum so nobody here has access to your account. You may need to raise a support request on the main Topaz Labs website.

thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can log onto your Topaz My Acct page as a 1st step. It should list the dates your subscription(s) are active for each product you’ve purchased.

I am using Windows 7. I assume I can’t take advantage of this update, correct?

That is correct. Sharpen 4.0 and above have dropped support for windows 7 and 8 and mac OS 10.13

thank you I guess it just expired

1 Like

I have a problem with Motion blur in V 4.1. It seems to add a good deal of noise into the picture. Standard and Out of Focus are ok. See picture and on right side is the added noise. Windows 10, GPU: RX 5600XT and Ryzen 5 CPU.
Update: I did try one of my drone DNG shots and it was properly processed in Motion blur. I will try a few more Sony ARW shots soon. I tried it again on some Sonly ARW car shots and one Jpg is had no problem. I think the first picture I used was a one off and it was a processed jpg.

1 Like

The image is so heavily compressed that I can’t evaluate it.

I was just happy about the mask, because it selected exactly what I wanted to focus.

1 Like

Is Sharpen AI actually using the tensor cores of a nvidia RTX GPU or just the “normal” cores?

Version 4.1 doesn’t want to run on my PC. Since updating, I just get a white screen and it shows Topaz Sharpen AI (Not Responding). DeNoise works fine.I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no joy.

Which OS & processor are you using?

Is it one of the unsupported OS’?
System Requirements For Topaz Labs Programs - Topaz Labs

@anthony.lawn

Running a few monochrome (BW converted from color) images thru SAI 4.1 (commercial) yesterday produced same kinds of color noise artifacts as in past (either magenta or green/cyan flecks throughout image [not the multi-color sparkles] depending on the image). Seemed to be primarily along edges of objects/subjects.

I’m running Windows 10 Pro build 19043.1586. Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz and 16 GB Ram. Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Version 512.15 Drivers.

1 Like

Thx. Sounds like a system that should be supported!

Followup question… Where did you grab your installer from (Prod Releases page or Downloads page - sometimes it makes a difference)? And, did you use the online or full installer?

Did you try either changing the source of installer (my parens above) or trying the opposite of whichever installer you used before (online or full)? If you haven’t tried that you might want to. I know it can be a pain to do multiple uninstalls/reinstalls… but sometimes diff. options help.

I first downloaded the install from the download page, then I logged into my account and downloaded from there. I believe they were both full installs. Although I ran the uninstaller, I’m not sure if there’s a way to fully uninstall everything.