Sharpen AI v3.3

Best update yet, 3.3.6. Like the old days of ‘quantum leap’ upgrades from Topaz. Blazing fast; and if they haven’t seriously juiced up the AI engine/algorithms, the results sure look like it.

2 Likes

Just installed 3.3.6 on WIn10 21H2 via a full install with no problems. At first tried to install it via the program, but got as far as “download” and the install went no farther. Maybe some issue on the Topaz’s server side? Quick check and it appears to work fine - maybe a little faster.

Topaz Sharpen AI and Topaz GigaPixel AI won’t start. (Denoise works, no problems with that, thank god) Sharpen and Gigapixel did start before the last Updates, now they don’t.

I deinstalled them, reinstalled them, they won’t start.
Deinstalled them, reinstalled the old versions, won’t start.
Deinstalled them, deleted the remaining registry keys and program files, reinstalled, nope, nothing, no splash screen, no program window.

Topaz Sharpen AI.exe and Topaz Gigapixel AI.exe can be seen in the Taskmanager, each with about 30MB used memory, but thats it, no splash screen, no program window.

I’m on Windows 11 21H2 (german version, latest updates, 1000.22000.493.0), nVidia RTX2060 (latest studio driver 511.65).

What i can see, Sharpen and GigaPixel do not write to their log-files-directory (denoise does) C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI\Logs

Is this again a language version problem? how can it be solved?

HELP! I don’t care that much about Gigapixel, but I need Sharpen AI.

I have experienced the same problem than tpamsterburg from the start. Yazan helped me install new drivers, download and install Sharpen again. This was done for v 3.3.3, 3.3.4 and 3.3.5 – no success… Sharpen will open and work for three photos, and on the fourth one just give me a blank screen. Besides automated responses, I have had no response from Topaz for more than a month now. I suppose I will have to also go back to 2.2.4 to get some joy.

Really hoping that the auto model selection can be reverted back to the code that was used in the 3.1.x and 3.2.x versions when it actually worked.

The 3.3.x auto model selection is terrible and almost always picks ‘Too Soft - Very Blurry’ resulting in over sharpened images full of artifacts.

1 Like

M1 Mac Mini and uninstalled old version then performed full install of 3.3.6. Won’t start. Crashes right away. Uninstalled that and installed old version…now that won’t start. Any ideas???

I also have the same issue of not being able to install 3.3.6 from within 3.3.5 but also I am unable to shut the program down in the normal way. I have to force a close.

I also can’t seem to fathom out how to actually start a conversation on here ?

Didn’t you just do it? Hi! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Having the exact same problem with my windows 10 laptop. Appears to be some bug in update procedure that is freezing update after the 32 mb download. When I exit program and reenter and hit update nothing happens.

I don’t mean “to reply to an already on going topic” but to actually start a new topic from scratch.

Where do I find a download link to this new 3.3.6 as the download in the program itself doesn’t work ?

You can find the download link on the first post of this topic. :grinning:

1 Like

Colin,

I see others pointed you to the installers for this release. In general, you can also go to the Product Releases tab (top of discussion threads) and find the product name of interest. There are usually 2-3 generations of releases there (current & previous).

To start a new discussion thread… also go to top of a thread to where the various topical “tabs” of Categories are. Community.topazlabs.com

Find a relevant topline topic (General, Product Releases, Tech Issues, Showoff Spot, etc.). Choose the one that relates to what you want to post. Once you get that topline tab open there should be a button (upper right?) that says something like “New Topic”. Click on that to get the blank form for your post. Hope that helps.

If you use the Help menu to check for updates after restarting Sharpen AI it will download and install correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help guys. Much appreciated.

Well…I installed 3.3.6; it did install in the usual folder, however there is no uninstall exe and also it does not appear in the programs list in Control Panel (Win 10); it doesnt appear in the list of a 3rd party uninstaller either, so I cant even uninstall it!

There is also an upload button in this chat/forum window-which I thought could be used to upload screenshots of the issues, but when I try to upload an image it says “you can`t embed media items in the post”?!

Is your screenshot that won’t upload a jpg?

Followup question… did you just start posting? If so, there may be some kind of ‘earn your right to post content’ algorithm in this forum. Try posting a few compliments on the Showoff Spot category tab and it may open your permissions to post content as an ‘established’ forum member.

Wow! What’s the last version? On my M1 macbook it’s 3.3.2 and no hint of an update! If I select “check for updates” not even a message appears wether I have the latest version nor if an update exists!