Sharpen AI v3.3

If I edit a file in Photoshop from lightroom and don’t save it there is no psd/tiff file hanging around in light room. Obviously the handoff API has some return that auto removes the file in light room. Not doing this is annoying as it adds an extra step and eventually you will delete the wrong file when doing this.

So, you end up going to Sharpen enough and not using the results that “remove” is a huge hassle?

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s possible something may have logged you out accidentally. Could you try logging in again and seeing if that restores your activated status?

Gents, I had to login with stand-alone each time of install, then plug-in worked. In LR it wouldn’t take my login, oddly. That’s been with the last three versions. Easy to overcome.

No success . I can Login from inside the Topaz Labs main Site but not from within the Software . Even though I’ve un-Installed v3.3.5 when I open a previous version it shows it as v3.3.5 regardless of the EXE I use and still in the Trial Mode . The “Authenticating User” spinning wheel has been going for quite a while now , I can see my License on your Homepage and the Invoice Details . I’d just like to have my previous version running again please ./SRK
Scott…

Sorry to hear that. At this point I’d suggest you make a ticket with support, and they can help you further

Thanks Anthony . I did raise a Ticket with Support but I have not had an answer yet only a confirmation that they have received my request . Fingers crossed . I’ve got a lot of work to do this Weekend !/SRK

Scott…

I am going back to the versions before 3.x. The software is far too slow, the results are not any better than the 2.2.4 version, the interface sucks, and nothing can be changed while the software is running a sharpen model. I want to be able to override the processing and make changes and let it start again.

And the crashing is completely unacceptable. I am going to ask that my update subscription be extended until Topaz can deliver a version that works. Your products have gone way downhill in the last year, as if your best engineers left the company and the replacements are not nearly as good.

Version 3.x is a dog and needs to be drastically reengineered. Let’s hope 2.2.4 still works on big Sur.

5 Likes

Hi @anthony.lawn -

I’m getting mis-labelled previews… just ran rel. 3.3.5 on Win 10 Pro desktop PC. Standalone vers.

I started in Comparison View. I selected the preview for ‘Motion Blur - Very Noisy’ as the model to work with.

I then tried looking at the previews for that model in both “Side x Side View” and “Split View”. In both cases the label under the previews was the wrong model name.

The highlighted model in the righthand settings panel was correct. See snips labelled in filenames, attached: [I tried several times…]

1 Like

Hello fogcitynative ,
I too want to go back to v2.2.4 which was pretty bulletproof and met my limited needs really well . However after unInstalling 3.3.5 today it has reset my License back to Trial Mode for that too . I’m just waiting on a solution or suggestions from Topaz Labs and then I’ll be good to go again .
Scott…

Fog, you probably go way back with commitment to this software before me, so “respect” for that.
I would say two things, though:

1. The frustration voiced here is harsh in verbiage. It will not generate good spirit of remedy.
  2. My wife is a 20-year programmer in a company doing both Win and Apple software apps. She says that system variables nearly obliterate ANY software mfg’s ability to provide a “any system” solution (and that means across all the varialbes of vid and CPU and BIOS and OS).

It’s hard. I say this: When Topaz products work (which is much of the time for many of us), they are the very quality that makes us, ironically, frustrated upon failures. Cup way over half-full? Yep.

Just for colloquial fun, this is the only software I’ve ever said “Oh SHIIIIIT!” in pleasure of tranformative results of any kind. That includes audio DAWs, office solutions, video editors, etc… Now, the functionality of Photoshop often dazzles me, for sure, but when Topaz products now-and-then do their thing right on stuff I shot poorly – WOW.

4 Likes

Due to a change in how authentication works, when going from 3.3.X or higher to 3.2.X or lower you’ll need to log back in. My apologies for the inconvenience

VEAI did the same, it’s not really a problem but it’s annoying, would be good if you start it and a window comes up where you can login or buy the program or continue the trail, then it’s not quite so confusing.

Update:
The Plugin did show up the Login at first startup.

ohhh nice, this is soooo good, no more shift no halos with GPU.

3 Likes

This is a new issue for me:
I sent an image to SAI fromOn1PR as a plugin. I wanted to use the mask tool and selected fit to screen as it was not a complex mask. I have done this a few times before without issue. However, this time the cursor became totally uncontrollable. I had to force quit SAI, but the cursor was still unusable within PR and even in the Finder. The only solution was to do an emergency shutdown using the power button on the Mac Mini.
Here are the most recent log files
Archive.zip (58.3 KB)
Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.3.5

Operating System: macOS 10.16

Graphics Hardware: Apple M1

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 Metal - 76.3

CPU RAM: 16384 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

Hi anthony.lawn ,

Success ! I had one other version of SAI , 3.1.2 , and when I logged in from there it got me re-Registered for that version at least . My beloved 2.2.4 still came up with the 3.3.5 Splash Screen and as a Trial Version . So , I had to re-download the Full Installer for 2.2.4 , Install and then Log in when it prompted me and Voila ! I have my 2.2.4 back and running . What an ordeal . Now that my Software Warranty has expired I won’t be able to or be tempted to upgrade from here . LOL . Thanks for the encouragement . Cheers ./SRK

Scott…

1 Like

I found the same issue in my post 196. Good to see confirmation.

2 Likes

It always makes me feel better too that I’m not doing something flukey and there’s an actual issue for others as well … glad you’re pointing out the trend!

First, I’d like to thank the software engineers for responding to feedback from the users.

I’ve never experienced software that has the kinds of “not-ready-for-prime-time” issues in release after release as Sharpen AI does. The versions after 3.2.2 are all unstable and rife with unacceptable (meaning, non-usable) issues. The UI also is almost unusable for me, at least in comparison to the previous; it seems unfinished at best.

I can only guess the engineers have a gun to their heads from somewhere. Nothing else makes sense to me. To describe an application including language like, “When it works…” is the epitome of a non-alpha release.

REALLLLLLLY looking forward to a stable, usable, and hopefully upgraded UI sooooooooon!

2 Likes

Hear, hear! You said it very well.

I have used SAI for more than a year. V. 2.2.4 has remained my gold standard. Have tried all the updates since and always returned to 2.2.4 until V 3.3.5. Today I uninstalled 3.3.5 and returned to 2.2.4 PS plug in) and processed a series of files. Then reinstalled 3.3.5 and processed the same files in PS as a plug in. I use 2.2.4 with CPU Open Vino and 3.3.5 with GPU. Results using motion or stab. normal which is my preferred use. Now, for the first time results are the same with both version. Benefit is now the speed of processing is much faster using the GPU (NVIDIA P2000). [ 1’ 50’’ vs 42’'] Have had no problems with 3.3.5. I appreciate this update.

2 Likes