Sharpen AI v3.0

As reported by others, version 3.0 does not work on my desktop. When I open it with an image from Photoshop, it immediately tries to generate a preview, then reports “Error processing image, please try again. If problem persists try updating your device drivers or switching to a different AI processor in preferences.” I tried rebooting, as well as switching from GPU to CPU and back again, but still no joy.

Haven’t tried on my laptop yet, but am not much inclined…

If This Uses DirectX will it take Advantage of Hardware DirectX ?

just bought the update 3.00 have not been able too use it just stops and i have too close …what a load of crap want my money back

1 Like

I’ll also go back to v2. I do not like the new algorithm and its result.
V2.2.4 gives a more accurate and fine result.

4 Likes

What’s happened to Open Vino? Worked great on my 2020 iMac with 10 Cores. Now it doesn’t seem to support hyper threading and using GPU has now doubled my processing time! Batch processing is now taking forever on a fully specced and very fast mac.

You are lucky. By me ver.3.0.0. crashes after few seconds after the program appears on the screen

Don’t post in multiple categories.

I just installed the new AI Sharpen and I’m disappointed with the results. I used a close up a rose bud, but missed my focus; I was too lazy to use a tripod and the focus staking feature of my camera. So, I thought AI 3 could bring back a little of the detail. It could not. Rendering seemed slower that v.2 and actually made the image worse, in my opinion. I’m attaching the before and after screen grabs. I would be glad to send the RAW file, but the file type is not supported on this forum. Let me know how I can upload it to you.

Thanks, Jim

And now it crashes whilst batch processing!
How can I get a copy of 2.2.4 to re-install?

Sharpen AI 3 actually makes my images worse than the original when GPU processing is selected (Nvidia GT1030 with 2 GB RAM). Switching to CPU-only processing produces the expected improvement in sharpness but is slow. OpenVINO was available in 2.x but not in 3, and on my system OpenVINO was almost as fast as the GT1030.

I also prefer the old “stabilize”, “focus”, and “sharpen” modes instead of the new labels.

I will also be going back to version 2 for now. Pity.

4 Likes

Yo estoy igual, no funciona Sharpen ni Denoise 3.0.2.
MacOs 10.14.6 placa RADEON 570 4Gb procesador Intel Core i5 3.4GHz memoria 24GB

I downloaded and loaded Topaz Sharpen 3 . Seems to open and load an image but when it goes to sharpen it crashes. I wonder if this has got to with mac High Serria and mac book pro 2011. It din’t say what the requirements were for this update.
Cas

High Sierra should be OK, only macOS 10.12 Sierra and less do you need to revert to v2.1.8

Just check your preferences and let us know what your performance settings are.

it crashes with MacOS 10.14.6 … disappointed with this software

I have received an email to advise me that I have free Sharpen and de noise updates (free) but I cant download them as I get a message that my password is invalid. I correctly typed in my password which was used previously to get my free upgrade of Topaz video Enhance but it is not working for DeNoise or Sharpen. I cannot use help because I cant get past the "I have succesfully downloaded and restarted my computer " so I cannot respond to Topaz’ I purchased the complete suite of 8 programs in March this year and now I am unable to download my free updates. Does Topaz have a help chat line or what do I do. It would be great if you could actually talk to someone or at least get a help response without going through a bunch of questions asking for info you cannot give them.

If you cannot remember your password you can reset it from the login screen on the main website.

Note you do not need to login to download updates. They can be downloaded from the individual Product Release sections on this forum or directly from the Topaz Labs website.

ok, I don’ t know how it works. I was here to desperately find a help for making the Sharpen AI working again in my PC after the upgrade to ver. 3.0.0. Help that I haven’ t yet found therefore I suppose is not the right place to be.

You say it won’t start, is there any error? What is your technical environment?

I moved your post here because it is the right thread for the Sharpen AI v3 release. You had posted in 2 other threads.

Thanks for the info and help - but unfortunately there seems to be no Windows fullinstall of 2.x on the download pages - at least I couldn’t find them :frowning:

2.1.8 (as an example) is here:

You may have to scroll to the very top of the thread. Other versions should be available respectively.