Sharpen AI v2.1.8

If it’s crashing on a TIFF it might be that it’s crashing when it’s saving a metadata tag we don’t support. If it finishes the entire image and then crashes at 100% that would be a likely cause, and I would need your logs and your image in order to fix it.

If you think that’s the case, please upload the image here so I can test it: Submit files

I plan on updating Sharpen and DeNoise tomorrow after a few more tests, so if this is a metadata crash I’d like to get it in before the releases.

I got 3 of your image uploads, and saving all of them as DNG or TIFF doesn’t crash for me. I didn’t see any logs uploaded, so if you’d add those I’d appreciate it.

I uploaded logs and sample image yesterday at 11:24 ET.

I had a simular issue w/Giga beta. Taylor Bishop was able to resolve the code to solve it.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Bob

I’ve checked with Taylor and I think you may just be using different processing modes on the different apps. Can you try looking at the graphics preferences in Gigapixel and use the same setup in Sharpen and see if it still happens? If it does, I’ll have to check with the AI team and see why the auto model isn’t running correctly.

Just processed an ARW image in Sharpen AI using a mask to selectively sharpen my main subject (Focus mode set at auto and then at 100%). Saved as a DNG, but the resulting file is corrupted and all my effort has gone to waste, since Sharpen AI does not have the ability to save a mask for future use and I now have to start over and create it again and try different options.
NB. This is a colour image

I am glad to say the error did not repeat itself on other images from the same batch, so it must be a glitch with that particular shot. I was able to process this one correctly by creating a TIFF.

213 Saves output as dng but crashes when output is tiff.

2020-08-15-21-56-31-Main.tzlog.txt (112.5 KB)
2020-08-15-21-56-31-QML.tzlog.txt (14.8 KB)

I am curious as to how Sharpen AI automatically detects the recommended mode for an image? If I manually select each of the modes, I do not see a clear trend as to why the recommended mode is selected (most adjustment required, least adjustment required). I find that when it selects Sharpen that this is not the mode that makes the most pleasing changes.

Sharpen is randomly closing up in the middle of a batch run, this started with 2.1.3. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have just upgraded to v2.1.3 and it immediately closes if I hit either of the Auto switches.

Please go to Help-Graphics info and press Copy then post the information here.

Then the environment you are using it from, e.g. Photoshop version.

Don’t post in more than one place please.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.1.3

Operating System: macOS 10.15

Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 ATI-3.10.16

CPU RAM: 65536 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

PhotoShop v21.2.2

With your hardware it should be OK.

Please open as a standalone, open an image and then press Reset under Advanced preferences making sure that only one option, either GPU or OpenVINO, is selected. Then make a change to say the Sharpness setting and press Update. It should then re-calibrate your settings.

See if after calibration it is OK as a plugin. If not you will need to raise a support request at the main website.

I followed these instructions on three different images, trying a combination of GPU/No OpenVINO and No GPU/OpenVINO.

When I click on Update the Calibrating dialog appears at 0% and a second later the application crashes.

Ok I think you should raise a support request at the main website as you seem to have a conflict with something on your system as during calibration it benchmarks the different processing options you have.

Please attach the log files, if you don’t have any i.e. logging is turned off, just turn it on under the Help menu and run the calibration again and attach those logs.

Since updating to 2.1.4, Sharpen AI always quits when dragging the image up against the right edge of the window. No error message. This happens when I use the navigator, or drag directly in the image. Dragging to the bottom, left or top edges work fine. Same behavior with Photoshop plugin and standalone.

Graphics driver is up to date, using Windows 10, version 2004.
The update to 2004 happened around the same time as I updated to 2.1.4 BTW.

(upload://2jSanXQ3auuswU8Sk8sEoq8C9Jo.png)

Thank you for the report, I can reproduce it with that info so I’ll take a look at it.

Sharpen 2.1.5 still crashing at save!
OS crash report SHARP215.txt (198.7 KB) 2020-08-28-13-15-7-QML.tzlog.txt (812 Bytes)
2020-08-28-13-15-7-Main.tzlog.txt (816 Bytes)

I’m going to need more information for this. Do you have a specific image you can reproduce it with, or is it all images saved as TIFF? I can’t reproduce this crash locally.

I usually work with “NEF” images and they all crash Sharpen AI.

I tried to up load this particular image but this software will not accept “NEF” or "zip"s.

Is there some other way to get this file to you?