Sharpen AI v2.1.8

I just bought Sharpen AI, and have tried playing with it several times over the last 2-3 days, and it keeps crashing (or at least shutting down unexpectedly). I’m not sure where to find crash logs to send to you. Happy to do it if someone can tell me where to find them.

Also, what’s the recommended amount of RAM for this product? I have a gaming laptop with dedicated video card and 16GB of ram and it still take 15-30 seconds to render a preview, is that normal?

1 Like

You can find the crash logs by going to the Help menu, hover over File Logging, and selecting open log folder. You can post them here if you change the extension to .txt.

The only crash I’m aware of at the moment has to do with masking while using OpenVINO, so maybe setting your preferences to prefer GPU would fix it temporarily.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of that? I haven’t seen this one before.

What version of Gigapixel do you have? I thought newer Gigapixel had the correct dialogs, but maybe I’m mistaken. I’ll talk to the Gigapixel dev to make sure they get in as I only handle Sharpen and DeNoise.

I have 5.0.3.0

I tried sending the screen shot but I am getting a message saying that I can’t include images in a post. Please tell me where to send it.

You can upload it here: Submit files

Try posting a screenshot now.

I was able to post it (PaulM).

1 Like

Are you on Windows 7 by chance?

No I am running a very recent build of Windows 10 Pro 2004 (19041.329). Also, and it may have some importance, I was running version 2.0 of Sharpen AI before that without issues and the software updated itself a few days ago. Maybe I should uninstall it and reinstall from scratch?

If you could try a full uninstall and reinstall that would be helpful as we’re still trying to figure out the root cause of the issue.

1 Like

OK, will do and will let you know how it turns out.

Uninstalled Sharpen AI and reinstalled from full installer. Error is still present.

Would you mind helping me debug this further since I don’t have access to a computer with this issue? I would like to try putting a certain OpenCL dll into the installation folder.

If you have time, try the following:

1. Download OpenCL.dll here: https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazSharpenAI/2.1.0/OpenCL/OpenCL.dll
  2. Copy the dll into your install directory (Default C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI)
  3. Launch the application again

The issue is gone.

So sounds like we just need to include that dll in the installation now. I can try to get that in soon, although I am trying to focus on a DeNoise update at the moment so it might take a bit.

Thanks for helping debug this. Are you having any other issues? Does processing work fine with the dll as well?

It seems to be working fine now. No need to modify your installation package for me. I happen to be an IT guy of 30 years of experience as well as a photograph. Can’t wait to see your DeNoise update. Let me know if you need any testing help there (I have a couple of VMs as well).

1 Like

Total crash! 2.1.0 Mac opens fine, loads file fine, when I select any feature it crashes. When I load an image and use default settings, it crashes when I hit the save button. Log files included

2020-07-28-15-12-7-QML.tzlog copy.txt (3.2 KB)
2020-07-28-15-12-7-Main.tzlog copy.txt (83.0 KB)