Sharpen AI v2.0.0

Hi Don, I recorded a screen video with log files for Eric. It demonstrates clearly when doing the following steps:

• SharpenAI starts with default values 50,50 (it was 15,15 in version 1.x)
  • hitting update to sharpen the image
  • when you then switch the mode to “Auto” and you hit update nothing happens as the values don’t change"
  • when you switch back to manual the values are still 50,50 and pressing update does nothing as no values change
  • if you set the values manualy and press update the process starts and the image is processed
  • if you then select Auto mode again you can clearly see that the sliders jump back to 50,50 and pressing update process the image again
  • if you then switch back to manual the sliders are also back to 50,50
  • if you then press update again no processing takes place as no values changed since auto processing.

My screen recording shows it clearly. I did the video a 2nd time to also create the log files for analysing.
Also with the 400% error (hitting update in 400% view distorts the preview and blows it up).

These issues are the same on two different machines (MacBook pro, iMac) running OSX Catalina.

So for me it’s not really working right now. Looking forward to an update.

My “update” preview button (it starts processing) because someone asked.

1 Like

OK it is a Mac specific issue on your PCs because on Windows it is fine and others on Macs don’t have that issue either, it usually is related to the OS version.

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with AI applications

Sharpen AI used to be really fast for me. It is not anymore. When I click on Graphics Info it shows my Intel video card, instead of the Nvidia 2070, I do have the setting that says “Enable discrete GPU” enabled. I think that Tensorflow works only with Cuda 10.1, which I have installed. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Hi, go to Graphics in the Windows Settings and add the Sharpen AI.exe then allocate the high-performance graphics to it instead of the default.

Also make sure that the drivers for the RTX2070 are up to date from the NVIDIA website … should be about 445.xx

Installer for version 2.0.5 on Mac OS Catalina fails, both online and offline installer fail

When you say “fails” what message are you seeing?

Hi, Back in early April I posted feedback that 2.0.5 was still crashing on my machine with WIN8.1x64 when called as a plugin from PS CS6 x64 despite said of such issue being fixed. It still happens right on closure of AI Sharpen, PS successfully received the processed image layer info so the image processing is actually completed. For me it is still not closing properly.

Windows event log:

Faulting application name: Topaz Adjust AI.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d44941a
Faulting module name: opencv_core340.dll, version: 3.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a8dd686
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005377ab
Faulting process ID: 0x21c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d63f8ef1af1eaf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Adjust AI\Topaz Adjust AI.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Adjust AI\opencv_core340.dll
Report ID: 3a24223d-ab82-11ea-8850-ac220b8ada67

Topaz Adjust AI.exe
5d44941a
opencv_core340.dll
5a8dd686
c0000005
00000000005377ab
21c8
01d63f8ef1af1eaf
C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Adjust AI\Topaz Adjust AI.exe
C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Adjust AI\opencv_core340.dll
3a24223d-ab82-11ea-8850-ac220b8ada67

I also would appreciate to receive information with the Topaz products what the maximum pixel dimension is, or a table of max pixel dimension/hardware specifications this would depend on. In case of stitched panoramas I seem to occasionally go beyond such limits with the app then crashing on commencement of processing. It appears the pixel dimension can be larger when processing is done directly on the base background layer, version 1 appears to also be able to handle larger pixel dimension on my machine than version 2. Due to the persistent crashes on closing I had to revert back to the version 1 of the software.

You do realise this thread is about Sharpen AI?

Sorry my bad, copied out the event log for Adjust AI where one pano was too large, otherwise Adjust AI works OK.

This is one of the event logs I should have copied out for AI Sharpen:

Faulting application name: Topaz Sharpen AI.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e8653be
Faulting module name: TSharpen.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e86539d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000bba4f5
Faulting process ID: 0xfbc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d63f03f5334224
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Sharpen AI V2\Topaz Sharpen AI.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Sharpen AI V2\TSharpen\TSharpen.dll
Report ID: 5edd368a-aaf7-11ea-884f-ac220b8ada67

Topaz Sharpen AI.exe
5e8653be
TSharpen.dll
5e86539d
c0000005
0000000000bba4f5
fbc8
01d63f03f5334224
C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Sharpen AI V2\Topaz Sharpen AI.exe
C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Sharpen AI V2\TSharpen\TSharpen.dll
5edd368a-aaf7-11ea-884f-ac220b8ada67

Are there any Logs turned on? Go to Help-> File Logging and if it is set to On then click on Open Log Folder and copy the Logs there and submit to support on the main website when you raise a Support Request for this issue.

2.0.5 does not seem to be using my Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck.
v1.4.6 DOES seem to be using it.

What are the correct settings? Enable discrete GPU? Either on or off, the Graphics Hardware shows “Apple Software Renderer”

Thanks!

MBP 13 (2017) MacOS 10.15.5

Please raise a support request at the main website as I don’t know if an external GPU is accessible to the application.

I bought Sharpen AI V2.0.5 yesterday, and I am just about to regret it.

It’s not really working.

Sharpen mode is working, the 2 other modes, never update, not in Auto-Update or in manual when clicking the update button.

I am using a MacBook Pro newest upgraded OSX.

What to do, i tested on my Windows 10 machine at work and there it did work.

I have had to uninstall and reinstall Topaz AI Sharpen but I keep getting this message - Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly error reading INI file/applicaitons/topazlabs llc/topaz sharpen ai/components.ini. Because of this error my plug in shows up in Photoshop CC but does not work. I use Mac. PLEASE HELP - ANYONE. thanks.

Note that you won’t get any help from a post that has nothing to do with your problem.

Please raise a support request at the main website.

I’ve tried reaching out to support and get one response a day. I need to physically speak to someone. I cannot get anything resolved with only response a day to an issue that needs tech support. Was desperate so I posted here in hopes someone with knowledge of this issue would be kind enough to help.

Hello everyone.

There is a new release of Sharpen that fixes various issues that have been brought up in support as well as many improvements. You should be able to download it from the application, or you can go to the new thread and download it manually.

You can view the new thread here: Sharpen AI v2.1.8

1 Like