Sharpen AI v2.0.0

OK I now understand the philosophy of the zoom factor in Sharpen AI and Denoise AI .
What’s stupid and confuse me is this a questionable approach because we don’t kn!own about the pixels count and this is different of Studio 2 , Fastone and I think many other sotware

Again this not prevent to use the software . The second issue does

I “upgraded” to Sharpen AI 2.0.1 today. Now Auto-update preview no longer works. The Auto-update preview checkbox is checked, but when I navigate to another section of the image, the preview does not update. I can’t find the output options advertised on page 4 of 4 on the splash screen anywhere in the program (Save to Source Directory, Convert File Format, and Keep Color Profile).

Agree with you I cannot understand the stategy to update the preview not only in auto mode but even the manual mode
For me as confused as Denoise AI V2

When you click Save Image the following appears where you can choose your options:

I believe that the preview will only update in Auto-Update mode when you choose Auto for the Mode.

No Absolutly no way to understand how and if the update of the preview can work . I cannot find any logic
Topaz is definitively driving me crazy
I tried with or without GPU with or without Openvino . Sometimes the preview is updated but no consistent logic I can keep

After further work I still cannot find any good logic on the way is working the zoom
Only if we choose 50% i can find an explanation (we display 50% of the image pixels height to fill the preview?)
can you explain me the logic giving the pixels in the image and the pixels on the screen?. For me a logic used by almost if not everybody is at 100% we display 1 pixel on the screen for 1 pixel in the image
at 50% we display 1 pixel on the screen for 2 pixels in the image for 200% we display 2 pixels on the screen for one pixel in the image . Obviously this not the case

Having a problem with black screen in Topaz Sharpen 2.01. Tried reset. Tried changing input and output formats.

Please help.
Thanks

I waited also options like “Save to Source Directory”, “Keep File Format” and “Keep Color Profile”. Topaz Denoise has this features, please make the same available also in Topaz Sharpen!

Sharpen has all of these in the save dialog, but there is a different view for batch modes. You can find every option there. Single images are different, but we can update the new save dialog if people feel it is missing something.

Yes, we need this possibility also for single image mode! Usually no need for changing file format or color profile in Topaz programs! Topaz Denoise AI is good example how to make it in best way.

And one more remark considering Batch Processing. If we use manual mode there will be possibility to put different parameters for different photos!
Thank You!

Hi
I’ve been using the trial version 1.4.6 of Topaz Sharpen AI on Widows 7 for the last two days and am very impressed so far. Today I was prompted to upgrade to version 2 when I opened Version 1. When I installed it and tried to run it, it is stuck on the splash screen saying Topaz Sharpen AI (not responding).

Does anyone know what I have done wrong? BTW, version 1.4.6 still runs

I am having trouble with Ai Sharpen. Once I apply it and save the picture is black, the output is black. I have reinstalled it twice. this is in Lightroom as a plugin and stand alone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@adam.mains Clean install of SAI2.0.1 on Win 10

-Not able to toggle between original and processed image preview
-After navigating around the image, lost the preview and the adjustment effect although it still said “preview”
-Although I can eventually make it do what I want it to do, masking, red overlay and brush options are very confusing

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.0.1
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 441.28
CPU RAM: 63319 MB
Video RAM: 6144 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

1 Like

The installer/update process really is ridiculous. For me, old Shapren AI prompted that there was an update, I installed it, then it prompted that there was the 2.0 update, then that went through and in the process pretended to uninstall old Sharpen AI (but that was left over, so I had to manually uninstall it afterwards via Windows), then on start-up Sharpen AI 2.0 prompted for another update of apparently the same size as the initial 2.0 update. This and the thing with some Topaz components installing in “Topaz Labs” and others in “Topaz Labs LLC” (of course with the same duplication going on in AppData)… Guys, take the Affinity guys’ clean installation and upgrade procedure as an example and don’t leave that part of application development to an intern!

(Sorry about the rant but this has vexed me for some time and seeing how it still is a thing…)

Oh, and trying to open these forums in (up-to-date) Chrome on Windows 10 crashes the browser, reproducibly.

1 Like

Single image processing absolutely needs the option to save to the source directory. When I drag an image onto the application, I want to save the processed image to the same folder as the original. I don’t want to have to manually change the output folder for every image!

Auto-update preview just does not work. I have mode Auto and I have the Auto-update preview checked. When I move the image with the hand tool or with the navigation rectangle, the preview does not update.

I am so disappointed in these “upgrades” that remove capabilities and introduce bugs. This is particularly galling in light of the announcement to start charging for updates.

2 Likes

there seem to be issues with the update process not updating the plugin.

community.topazlabs.com/t/sharpen-ai-update-did-not-update-in-lightroom-help/13950?u=codein.niehaus-30992

Why can’t I see the entire image after sharpening instead of just a portion of it? Or am I missing something? Thanks.

Just downloaded and attempted to us the new version of Sharpen. When I enter a photo from Lightroom the spinning activates (MacBook Pro) and the preparing message comes up in Topaz…and it never stops. I can make modification to the photo and press the save button and nothing happens. I then am required to do a forced shutdown of Sharpen to get back to Lightroom. Please reply.

There is an issue: the switching between Original and Processed Image does not work. After the switching I cannot see Processed Image any more. To see it I have to check-in and out Auto-update every time.

I use Sharpen AI 2.01 as a plug-in in Photoshop.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.0.1
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: Quadro RTX 4000/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 441.66
CPU RAM: 65467 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

1 Like