Sharpen AI Plugin Crashes on iMac Pro

The standalone version works fine. However, the plugin in Photoshop CC 2019 crashes on launch.

I have the latest macOS 10.14.3, iMac Pro with 64GB RAM.

1 Like

Where exactly on the Mac is this plugin stored? I can’t locate it in Library/Application Support/TopazLabs.

I have the same issue. I am running MacOS 10.14.3 on a 2017 5K iMAC. Photoshop 2019 cc 20.0.3.

Look in the applications folder - its in the Photoshop 2019 folder.

I received a response from Support that my graphics card is not fast enough. I have the fastest graphics card that Apple markets on their iMAC line. I’m confused.

1 Like

Same here - selecting the plugin in the latest version of Photoshop shows a brief flash of a dialog, then a “Photoshop has crashed” message (not true - Photoshop is still running, but the plugin never visibly loads). This is on a 2018 Mac mini i7/16GB with Vega56 8GB eGPU.

I don’t see it in the Photoshop CC 2019 folder. There is a PlugIns folder there but I don’t see the Sharpen AI plugin.

I have a very powerful system so I don’t think it is a hardware issue.

Rick, that is exactly the run I’m getting.

Peter - I don’t see that plugin for Sharpen AI. So it must have failed to install it. In any case in that folder there is only the alias. Where is the actual plugin stored?

I have the same problem on 10.13.6 and a pre-historic iMac. I took part in the beta-testing and all resent beta versions have worked perfectly in Photoshop. So this come as a total surprise!

For PS users make sure you have sufficient resources allocated in the Performance preferences, at least the following:

• RAM 60%
  • Select use dedicated graphics processor.

That’s not my issue

Thanks all for reporting in. I am currently working on getting this bug fixed. I will be back soon with any updates. :slight_smile:

+1 for crashing in iMac from within Topaz Studio. Also cannot open RAW files (Sony .arw) in standalone mode?

Thanks. I am kind of reluctant to buy this software if it does not work as a plugin.

I have the same problem on a Macbook Pro.

yes, same here. works fine as a standalone

Regarding it not working on RAW files, it doesn’t work on Canon RAW either. You have to first convert it to TIFF. That is why it is crucial to get the plugin version up and running so it is integrated in our workflow.