Selection

I just downloaded the new Photo AI, and it appears to be missing the ability to refine the subject selection. Although in general the subject select has been pretty good, I almost always need to refine it before running. (my subjects are often birds where subject select will miss beaks and/or legs). Is the subject refine brush just hiding out of sight? Can I go back to the old version which gave me that option of the refine brushes?

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [2.4] on [Windows]

I really dislike the v2.4.0 update layout. Upscaling is always auto applied and hidden away as a control on the right (as opposed to all previous versions). Unless one is a “I want ultimate comfort and trust black box the solutions and don’t care about the tools’ controls and their settings” this new layout is too oversimplified. Tempted to return to using my separate apps. Or using Gigapixel at least before importing photo to PhotoAi v2.4.0

We have updated our Topaz Labs Documentation page with some helpful information to help users familiarize themselves with the new workflow that I will link below.

Topaz Photo AI | Quick Start | App Basics

Topaz Photo AI | Selection