Screen sizing

Hey guys, I have two screens, the default macbook 16 inch screen, and then a 2560x1440 27 inch monitor. When it opens on the monitor, the window doesn’t format properly. I’ve had it happen on the macbook as well when lightroom is open full screen, but I can’t replicate that today.

Topaz Photo AI [v2.1.2 on Mac.

I’ve had it happen on older versions too, I tried updating a couple weeks ago to fix it but it didn’t work.

Here is what it looks on the macbook screen. The makeshift solution is to drag the window to the opposite screen, where it will format properly.

Also, the buttons don’t work where they are positioned. if you click in the blank area of the screen where the button should be, it will work.

I am seeing the same issue on M1 iMac but only when I run Photo AI from within action. The action used to work but stopped working a few releases ago. As I have a second monitor I will try the move window trick.

1 Like

Update also posted to other similar thread.

The problem seems to be linked to the resolution of the screen on which Photo AI is launched from not matching the resolution of the screen on which the Photo AI window is displayed.

I have an action that is used to start Photo AI. I normally have my Photoshop panels open on one monitor while windows open on the other. The panel monitor is a lower resolution than my main monitor and Photo AI comes up squashed in the corner of the main monitor. If I move my Actions panel to the main monitor then Photo AI comes up filling its window as expected. If I move the Photo AI window to the second monitor, close it, run the action from the same secondary monitor then Photo AI comes up filling the window on the second monitor.

From the original screen shot in the other thread it looks as though this issue works in reverse so if Photo AI initiated from a higher resolution monitor than the one one which the Photo AI window is displayed then only part of the full Photo AI display comes up in the window.

This issue has only surfaced in recent releases, not sure at which point the failure happened, probably one or two releases back.

1 Like

Looks like the latest update has fixed this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.