After processing a raw file in PhotoAI, some of the images have what I can best describe as a window pane or checkerboard pattern in the main subject.
Photo AI 1.2.4
Lightroom Classic 12.2
Steps to reproduce issue:
- Select raw file in Lightroom
- File > Plugin Extras > Process with PhotoAI
- Default noise reduction, no sharpening
- Save file back to Lightroom
The first image was not resized; the second was resized to 2x.
DxDiag.txt (157.1 KB)
2023-03-06-17-24-26-1.tzlog (2.6 MB)
Please send the following information so I can try to reproduce this.
- The original image file.
- The processed image with the tile pattern.
You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.
Dropbox File Request
This looks like a known issue when Raw Remove Noise and Enhance Resolution are used together. We are working on a solution for this.
Thank you! I’ve uploaded four examples - one that was not enlarged and the others at 1.5x and 2x.
Thanks for sending the files. I was able to reproduce the issue.
We are working on updating the AI models to prevent this behavior. For now, there are two options to avoid the grid pattern if it happens again.
- Use Raw Remove Noise OR Enhance Resolution instead of both at the same time.
- Process with Raw Remove Noise, convert the DNG to non-RAW, process a second time with Enhance Resolution.
We will have the updated models soon so these workarounds are not necessary.
I am still having this issue as well
Yes this is still happening. We tested a potential solution earlier this week, but it increases processing time significantly.
We are working on an improved solution to see if it does better.