Remove Function Leaving Multi-Coloured Area

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]Using latest Photo AI, though it did the same with the previous version, though I have had it working a while ago (not sure which version though). When masking and instructing programe to ‘Remove’, it replaces the item removed with a block of coloured ‘confetti’. This photo had a microphone partially obscuring his face that I wanted removed, but this is the result. I have tried it on many photos with similar results. Windows 10, tried Photo AI stand alone and via PSE with same result.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

1 Like

I’ve seen odd results like that too. Looks like a donut with sprinkles on it. I tried removing the “donut” and got this. It’s better but still not perfect.
Image6

1 Like

Thanks for trying Kathy. I also posted on DP Review forum last week and a few people tried it but all reported good results. So starting to doubt my pc,

1 Like

Sometimes it takes a second pass too.

Slight update:. I have rolled back to v 2.1.0 the first version to have the ‘Remove’ function and it all works OK!. So I have incrementally gone to v 2.1.1 then 2.1.2 and both these work fine.
BUT when I go to v 2.1.3 the problem reappears … So it seems whatever was changed between v 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 is causing the problem.
I have raised with with Topaz and will report back if/when and what the problem and cure is.
Thanks for everyone’s input so far.

3 Likes

I have had the same issue. Exactly as described above. I get more of a green screen or matrix effect but essentially the same issue. The second pas usually does better, but not great. It’s like it was painted in the base coat and didn’t finish the job. The first version didn’t do that and the newer versions have ever since also. I was hoping this last one had the fix but still happening.

DxDiag.txt (143.1 KB)
Screenshot 2023-12-18 130443
2023-12-18-10-27-33.tzlog (1.3 KB)

I started over and it did better this time. But I had a second area to remove and when I started masking the next removal it closed losing all the work so far.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.