Remove function AI model no longer works

Since I updated to 2.3.0 (Mac) I can no longer use the remove function properly.

Instead of “in the “Erase Area” mode (default) the AI model pre-fills the masked region with colors from the surrounding pixels”, what I get is the erase area covered by random pixels which have nothing to do with the surrounding area, creating a total mess.

Until the last version the function worked well. I bought the program recently and very disappointed with the bugs and crashes. Its really a shame.

Topaz Photo AI 2.3.0 on Mac.

Are you using a beta version of Sonoma? I had this issue with the first beta of 14.4, but it has been resolved with the one released this week.

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below if you would like:

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Ray. I am indeed using Sonoma 14.4. Until 14.3 all was well but you are right to point out that issues arose after the last update. I should have made the connection. Much appreciated.

Hi John, it’s MacBook Pro 2020 (M1), 13 inch, running Sonoma 14.4 (23E5180j). I appreciate your looking into this. cheers

You need to update your beta to 23E5191e. Then it should work.

1 Like

Thanks Ray, I appreciate it. All best,

Thomas

Yes, this is the version I have here as well. It’s available only since a few days though, so do another check for updates.

It works following the beta update. Thanks to everyone – case closed. cheers

Thomas

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.