Problem with deleting presets, somehow settings retained

I created a preset that happened to have two sharpening enhancements.
Not wanting this, I deleted it via the app.
I then created a new preset with the same name, only one sharpening enhancement.
However, the next time I used it, it contained two sharpening enhancements, not one,
I deleted it via the app, and then closed/opened the app. When I created a new preset, using the same name, again it had two sharpening enhancements in it, when next I used it.

Where are these settings stored?

Topaz Photo AI [v3.0.1] on [Windows]

I was not able to replicate this behavior on my machine, would you mind taking a screen recording of this behavior so I can see exactly what is happening.

Loom is a great free application for this : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording

I originally had preset with two sharpening enhancements. Here, I delete the prior preset, define again with one enhancement, close, open again, invoke preset, and it shows two such enhancements.

Thanks for sending in that screen recording of your workflow. It appears that you are adding your presets to Autopilot processing.

Try going to Preferences > Autopilot and disabling the option to Automatically apply filters and see if the Presets operate correctly.