Please stop creating updates that slow/freeze projects!

Just updated Topaz AI and the Slowing/Freezing/Crashing during projects has grown exponentially. Anytime I batch more than 10 photos, the system crashes and all edit work is lost. Entire process is now 3x-4x slower.

Any suggestion other than waiting for the next update???

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have to agree…Just trying to process 120 images and is a real nightmare…

I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this problem in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this email.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Dropbox File Request

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. I sent my system specs via DropBox. I’ve managed to get Topaz to work a bit more efficiently by limiting edit batches to (10) photos, and restarting Topaz before running a new batch.

I’m still interested to see what you think about the continual issue with it freezing/running slow without warning/crashing.

Eric Hima

| john.topazlabs John S
April 23 |

• | - |

I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this problem in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this email.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Dropbox File Request

Thanks for sending in that system profile information. I would like to see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem.

Please use the following link to update your driver: NVIDIA | Driver Update

After the update, let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.