Please do not update to Big Sur Mac OS (Adjust AI & JPEG to RAW only)

Scott I have absolutely no idea about any of the questions you ask, the answers could only come from Topaz support.

And they are not the only company having issues with Big Sur and or M1 chips, the biggest of which I know is Capture One. And don’t take that as me making excuses.

Good day!
I have read most of this thread and understand that the topaz team are currently working on updates that will allow Jpg2Raw and AdjustAi to successfully launch on Big Sur. It is true that a long time has passed, however may it be possible that they are planning to release bigger updates? - updates which not only fix the issues, but also improve the overall functionality of the softwares.
I mean, both of those apps haven’t received updates for ages, so they might take this opportunity to add a few functions. Or what do you think? Is that a possible explanation as to why it’s taking time?

These softwares don’t have a limited upgrade time frame so they don’t fit into their software update model. That would likely mean that, if they do plan for a bigger update, it will be a new branch/version that they will want to charge you again for an upgrade. I really hope it won’t happen that way but it would make more sense if they are as resource stripped as they appears to be.

Ah, I understand. Great point :slightly_smiling_face: In any case, let’s hope that they are successful soon. Seems like a lot of people are getting irritated to say the least. Personally, though, I admire their work and understand that software development isn’t always straightforward. Especially when they have multiple products to keep updated and limited resources, as you suggest. I’m very happy with all their softwares that do work at the moment. The results are amazing!

1 Like

Is your fan running as well as soon as the program starts working? Mine seems to want to take off :smiley: (Macbook Pro M1)

What Topaz Application are you using and are you running it via Rosetta 2?

I am using Denoise AI as well as Sharpen AI. To be honest I don´t know what Rosetta I am using, but as I am running the latest update it should be the latest one!

1 Like

Thank you.

Frustrated waiting for Topaz to pull their finger out and get Adjust AI working. It has gone on too long now hence folk are disgruntled at spending money on a programme that doesnt work. Money back on a faulty product is the least Topaz should offer.

2 Likes

That is interesting as I have seen posted that Affinity Photo is really fast on the new M1 computers.
Hopefully, updates will be forthcoming from Topaz to fix OS issue with it soon. I am thinking about upgrading as my Mac is getting long in tooth so to speak. I think I will wait a while to see what happens.

Please fix for Big Sur. Topaz is the only softwareI have that’s not working. I have all of your apps, and nothing is usable. I would be happy with a refund, since I can’t use anything.

1 Like

All aps work except for Adjust AI, JPEG to RAW and Studio 2 … Which others are you having problems with?

Denoise AI does not work on my Mac Pro running Big Sur. The program opens, but has no effect on the image.

What version of DeNoise are you running, how are you calling it … e.g. dragging from the finder, as a plugin or as a standalone?

And what type of image are you passing to it?

I am using version 2.3.6, upgraded over a prior version. The software is installed on a Mac Pro and MacBook Pro. Both installs exhibit the same behaviour (software runs, but has no effect on the image). After reading your post, I did a new uninstall / re-install and the software is working now. Perhaps the issue is connected to old settings on a Mac upgraded to Big Sur?

2 Likes

It would just be so nice to know if there’s a plan in place for the apps that aren’t working, or if we should give up hope.

4 Likes

Why don’t you ask support, we are all users here.

Yeah Jeff, why would you come into a user forum and make a statement like that. From now on ask support your statements! :unamused:

Who are you? The forum police?

1 Like

when will jpeg to raw be available for big sur. i was able to load the rest of the topaz suite.

1 Like