Please do not update to Big Sur Mac OS (Adjust AI & JPEG to RAW only)

I am glad something is working! However, you are NOT operating Big Sur, so in theory you posted in the wrong place. Never mind.
If you can’t take a screen shot of your specs (cmd/Shift 4 followed by spacebar to select the window), doesn’t that indicate that there is something wrong with your OS?

No, the op is saying she can’t post a screenshot here … That is because of the anti spam site settings.

I understand i was not complete in my information in my last post. After my upgrade to ma 11.1 my denoise nd sharpen did not work anymore but my impression and glow still worked. I downloaded the latest version of the first to (the version that where not licensed yearly) and that did not make any difference. Still when i trie to open them stand alone i get a turning wheel and my mac freezes. But when i open the both applications als a plug - in from lightroom or photoshop as i normally do i seems to work now. So that is good enough for me for now.

Good Evening. I was gone for the day and left my computer to update my Mac OS to 11.1 as you recommended and I was able to open all three programs (Sharpen, DeNoise and Gigapixel) This is a great success. They are also showing up in Lightroom as a plug-in but I’m assuming you’d recommend that I still operate them as stand alone?

I reran the full installer for JPEG to RAW (Uninstalling my previous efforts)
I still can’t get anything out of Jpeg to RAW and if I understand correctly that won’t be working for a while. It appears to be open but again, no window opens. If I right click and ask to “show all windows” it tells me there are no windows available so I’m certain it’s still not working.

I would like to thank you for your help on this matter. I understand that it’s a lot to keep up with operating system updates.

I will be watching to see when I can start using JPEG to RAW as I’m very excited to put it to work. I purchased it to help bring details out of a JPEG photo for a christmas present but that’s ok. There is always next year

1 Like

Good news and I was just hopeful that JPEG to RAW may work as Big Sur evolves.

If the others open as standalone and plugin use them either way :grin:

I ran the trial of JPGtoRAW and was less than impressed. I suggest you use Gigapixel on your JPG photo. I have found it can achieve remarkable results in improving image quality.

JPEG to RAW (which at the moment will not run on Big Sur) is really a file converter and usually won’t make any visible change to your image. It will however make your jpeg emulate a RAW file so you have much more latitude in your edits.
Al

I am fully aware of what JPG to RAW is supposed to do. It’s just that, in my case, I found little difference in the results between editing the original JPG and its converted RAW counterpart.

Is there an estimated time for updates to the various pieces of software?

1 Like

I don’t think any software companies committ to release dates. We have no idea, just that they have said they are in the process of updating.

Hi, there! After having updated to Mac OS Big Sur I can’t open Adjust AI Standalone version, nor invoke it from Photoshop. I reinstalled to make sure I had the most recent version - same result. Am I the only with this issue?

Regards,
Adam

if you look at the top of this thread, you will see the message from Topaz saying that Adjust AI among others is NOT compatible with Big Sur.

Thanks for the reference - I’m sure you are working on this issue. This is just to let you know that Denoise, Gigapixel, Mask and Sharpen are working fine (Mac Mini 3 GHz 6-Core i5 2018 and iMac 2019).

Regards,
Adam

1 Like

I recently have a new imac running on Big Sur and I have crashes every time when trying to use Mask v1.2.
In the same way, I try to do a software update and the system crashes too
What should I do to remedy these problems? Thank you

Slo but sur.

I have the Utility Bundle, Studio 2 and Adjust AI, and recently replaced a MacBook Pro with an Apple Silicone (M1) MacBook Air using Big Sur. Here’s what I found thus far:

Functional, maybe a few hiccups: Studio 2, Denoise AI, Gigapixel AI

Installs, but fails to open: Sharpen AI

Will not install: JPEG to RAW, Adjust AI

Eagerly awaiting M1 support. Sharpen is amazing but very slow

Cant get Topaz Studio 2 to open. OS Big Sur. Anyone else having this problem?

See the title and OP of this topic.

1 Like