Please do not update to Big Sur Mac OS (Adjust AI & JPEG to RAW only)

That’s a bit unfair as it is only Studio 2 and JPEG to RAW along with Mask AI causing issues. Many other companies are recommending not to update also. Some issues have been found with other software affecting installers if they are running.

Remember all this is a user to user forum … if you want to abuse Topaz Labs raise a support request at the main website.

I upgraded my Macbook Pro to the new Big Sur OS. After the update I reinstalled Adjust AI. It appears to run but nothing is visible on the screen. All I can do is force it to quit.

In Mac where do I find the log files?
Has anyone else seen this?

1 Like

Notice on the website John.

exactly same here.

This is really disappointing and makes me wonder if Topaz is having solvency problems. All my other similar apps were updated by the time Big Sur was released - there were certainly enough beta runs of it. I know I’ll be very hesitant to send Topaz and more $ until all the apps run under Big Sur or at least something better is posted than, “Don’t install Big Sur.” We are all moving on; what happened to you guys?!

Since this appears to be a community that is not at all looked at by Topaz Lab staffers, is there somewhere else we can ALL express our dissatisfaction?

1 Like

Well I use Capture One Pro and that is not yet updated?

And, just FYI, the latest Big Sur beta (11.2) has been seeded to developers because of various issues just 2 days after the 11.1 release.

Which Topaz Labs application are you talking about that you assume is not updated?

Hi, I was trying to follow up the discussion but I don’t know if the issue of JPEG to RAW AI has been solved for MAC. I’m running big sur and still cannot launch JPEG to RAW and Adjust.

Thanks!

Both are still not solved.

1 Like

I suspect Topaz have given up on the products that haven’t been updated in more than a year. They seem to be concentrating on certain niche apps.

1 Like

If I’d had know that Adjust AI wouldn’t open after upgrading to Big Sur, I would have waited to upgrade. An email would have been nice, as I don’t often think to just come to the webpage to check for announcements, and I assumed that just like all of my other software, Adjust AI would work after an OS upgrade.

And at this point, with Adjust AI being a major part of my workflow, it would be nice to find out what the issue is, or at least get an update on what the plan is/when a fix is expected.

3 Likes

…and as in the original post in this thread, “make sure you always wait a little when there are mayor [SIC] OS updates”…I waited until just a few days ago, when 11.1 was released.

Is there any notice when there could me some updates? For me Denoise and sharpen AI will not start at all. I just updated my iMac assumed i had waited long enough.

Topas Glow and Impression seems to work fine at the moment.

There shouldn’t be an issue for you with DeNoise and Sharpen. Both are working perfectly well on Big Sur. As are Gigapixel and Mask AI. Make sure you have the latest versions.

I bought the Suite with Sharpen AI, Gigapixel AI, DeNoise AI and JPEG to RAW Saturday.

I can only use Sharpen AI

None of the others will work and when I try to do things in Sharpen AI my computer locks.

If I’d know it wouldn’t have worked I wouldn’t have dropped the money for the suite.

The help desk tells me that JPEG to RAW will take months to repair.

I’m very discouraged

Lizzie Flower

1 Like

Please open Sharpen AI as a standalone, go to Help-> Graphics info., press Copy and paste the info here.

Update Big Sur to v11.1 as there are bugs with 11.

When you say you cannot use Gigapixel AI, DeNoise AI what happens when you try to start them? There is no reason they shouldn’t start.

Try to rerun the full installer for JPEG to RAW after you have updated to Big Sur v11.1

Sorry, this is a bit late for you, but I always take a trial before deciding to purchase software. You could have done it with each of these to find out how they work for you.
I have had no issues with Denoise, Sharpen and Giga on either Big Sur 11 or 11.1. So, as Don says, please cut and paste the details he requests, along with your specs from the “About this Mac” drop-down

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.2.2

Operating System: macOS 10.16

Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon Pro 560 OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 ATI-4.0.47

CPU RAM: 16384 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

I’m trying to past my “About this Mac” info but it won’t accept the screen shot PNG

I did try the trial version of Sharpen AI for two weeks before deciding to purchase. When I went to purchase Sharpen AI they were running a sale on the Suite so I purchased the entire suite.

This morning for some reason I’m able to open DeNoise and Giga. Yesterday It would appear open and I would have the program bar at the top but no window to open,

Thank you for your quick response. It is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

All of the apps should work on 10.16 so enjoy …