PhotoAI Stuck on "Detecting Faces"

This is really odd. The attached photo is from a Lava Tube - no faces.

On my main system, running Windows 10 and PhotoAI 2.3.2 it gets stuck (crashes but does not exit) at the point of “detecting faces”. On my laptop, running the same versions of Windows and PhotoAI, it processes fine.

It would be very helpful if someone could have a look into the logs and see if they can spot what’s happening. I have literally just worked through a config check with Topaz support who have confirmed the drivers are all correctly installed.

Please note that replies of the form “it works OK on my Mac” are NOT helpful here! Thanks

2024-03-14-06-17-36.tzlog (44.0 KB)
2024-03-14-06-15-54.tzlog (59.3 KB)

We had an issue with the Face Detection issue in v2.3.2 for Windows users which has since been fixed with v2.4.0. This is a strange case however that the AI models are reading the image as having faces.

Our developers have looked into this issue and found that this was only occurring on Intel CPUs.

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the appropriate OS system link to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Hi. It seems to process OK in 2.4.1 without any issues. Thanks

1 Like