PhotoAI adds faint grid pattern on exported images

I have a potential fix for upscaling model (high fidelity model only at this point for verifing). If the problem is with other filters, please ignore this. Here is the mac installer: https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazPhotoAIBeta/2.0.5.betafixmactile/TopazPhotoAIBeta-2.0.5.betafixmactile.pkg

The fix version will run slow on the upscaling filter. Besides this, please let me know if it is fixed or not.

Please let me know if you are on windows OS - since we recently found the issue can be backend specific, please kindly drop 1 or 2 testing image for us to reproduce: Dropbox

Hi,

Just want to update the status of fix. We recently updated the fix and posted the build here: Potential fix of grid artifact for high fidelity (Upscaling) model. It has both Mac and Windows build. Please help try it out. Thanks!

I have just bought the latest version of Topaz AI and disapointingly I have noticed that there is a faint grid pattern on the processed image. This is extremely annoying as this was an issue on Topaz De-Noise at least 2 years ago and it seems nothing has been done to sort it. It is also the reason that I never moved from the free to the paid version until now. Is there anything being done to solve this issue?

What filters/models did you use in this image?

Hi

These are the settings used for the photo.

Canon EOS R

Canon 16mm
f/8, 30 sec, ISO400 EXP 0 No Flash
CR3 file
Opened in PS
Filter Topaz Labs AI
Enhancing 1x
Removing Noise
Sharpening subject

Kind regards

Mark

Can turning off enhancing filter fix the issue?

If so, and if you are using an apple silicon mac, can 1) turning back the enhacing filter and 2) turning off the Neural Engine toggle fix the issue?

I keep hearing this is an arm M1/2/3 issue but I’ve seen this grid pattern going back significantly before my M1 Studio when I was using an intel 8700K cpu and Radeon VII GPU (hack).

Hi,

I am still getting the grid pattern in the dark areas of the image.
Please see attach image where the dark area has been converted to Grey Scale to show the issue.

This is from a Canon R5 CR3 file format.

Cheers

Here is just that grey area…

What are the filters and models used here?

I only used the de-noise on the whole image and a little sharpen on the boats only as subjects.
So I assume it would be the de-noise that has caused it. Unless the sharpen filter causes this issue even though there were subjects?

I can confirm that the De-Noise has caused the issue. Please see image of the order I used Photo AI.
order
As you can see, the DN was first which has the grid in, The original layer below does not.
The sharpen was the next layer up which just emphasised what the DN did.

Regards,