PhotoAI 1.3.1: tpai.exe CLI hangs on damaged files

If you have damaged files the tpai.exe CLI will not abort and return an error, but will continue trying to process that file. The GUI detects that correctly and shows unsupported file as an error. The CLI does not and runs the process with very high cpu without stopping.

C:\>"C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI\tpai.exe" c:\Projects\1.png
QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
Application settings:
Overwrite Files: 0
Recurse Directories: 0
Input File Count: 1
Output Folder: Source folder
Output Format: Preserve
Jpeg quality: 95
Png compression level: 2
Tiff compression: none
Tiff bit depth: 16
ExifTool loaded!
Warning: failed to load Config_git.pl, something strange about this perl...

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Create a damaged file, e.g. a 1.png with 0 bytes or a 1.png with the contents of a text file with “sdfgdfg” inside.
  2. Run the CLI via tpai.exe c:\1.png -o c:\someOutputFolder
  3. The process will now run, it will not directly stop and CPU usage will be very high

I would suspect, that if I input an entire folder in 2), not just a file, that would block the processing of the entire folder/batch job once it reaches this damaged file.

I suspect that in the CLI the file validity check method, that is called in the GUI, is not called here and the models are used on the invalidly loaded data.

P.S. By the way, is that Warning: failed to load Config_git.pl something I need to worry about? I get that on every file (valid or not) and in all the versions of Photo AI I tested so far.

Topaz Photo AI [v1.3.1] on [Windows]

Thanks for reporting this. I notified my team of this issue so we can fix this and created a task for it.

This will be included with other fixes that we have lined up for the Topaz Photo AI CLI.

The warnings can be ignored, they do not affect the processing and we are working on resolving those.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.